xisto Community
Borghunter

Trillian Vs. Msn Which is better?

Trillian Vs. MSN  

11 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Myself I think that trillian is a much better program than MSN Messenger because it has many more features and van support AIM, ICQ and many other chat programs. Also, you can also purchase Trillian for many more added features and the ability to add more 3rd party plug-in. MSN Messenger has had many problems in the past and has not been greatly updated with anything very useful, well that's my opinion. My question to you is, what do you think of Trillian and do you think it's better than MSN Messenger

Download Trillian at: http://www.trillian.im/

Yea I agree, Trillion is much better, plus I think there is a bunch more people on it then the msn. I'm surprised you haven't added yahoo messenger into the mix. Well, truthfully I haven't played with them all in too much detail to tell you which one IS the best, but like I said earlier I think trillion has a lot more users then the others.

I find that MSN Messenger is more reliable than trillian, and I think that it's easier to use. Though, if you have Yahoo, MSN and AIM accounts, and want to talk to people on all three, without running three clients, Trillian probably would be your best choice.

Well I think that MSN is a better progam, because it looks more profressional and has a better design scheme. But Trilion people say is good becasue they can put an alias for peoples screenames and such. Like "bob101@aim" could be "bobby" or something like that. But MSN can connect to the Microsoft Network and get your Xbox Live things and updates which is pretty cool. Also I use http://www.meebo.com/ before I use trilion.

Edited by MaineFishing45 (see edit history)

i prefer msn messenger to any other messenger uptil now for the simple reasons that its got lotta features, good looks and all my friends are itso i would go with MSN msg, however i've tried trillian, it was good too but many times i could not sign in and it used to tke quite some to get logged in as compared to msn msg

From my experiance MSN is easier to use if all you have is MSN. However, I had AIM, MSN, Yahoo and ICQ and friends that use all of these networks. Therefore, it made much more sense to use Trillian than have four different programs open, even if some of the newest features in MSN are not present in Trillian.I never had a problem with reliability, and was always able to get in fine, unless of course the problem was with the chat company (aol, msn, etc.). Signing in always does take a long time though...But signging into four different messengers would take longer.

Trillian is definitely a better piece of software than MSN messanger. It has 10x as many features and can have sooo many plugins. Plus it can be used for any client unlike msn. I have been using trillian for roughly 4 or 5 years and i have always used the pro version. I love the fact that it can be skinned but that the original skin rocks. Another great thing about it is that i can get my weather, control winamp, and get my mail all through one side window on my screen. Plus it docks well

Trillian is better since it supports msn, icq?, and aim. Msn is not that great because they force you to install software that you don't want onto your system, kind of like aim. However you have to pay extra for Trillian since its not a free download and you have to actually pay for it.

trillian free is not much different from pro..just some skins and whatnot. maybe some features here and there, but mostly the same for it's purpose.

you can't really compare the two. .because trillian is an messenger client that supports multiple chatting clients.. on the other hand msn messenger is just messengeranyways... i still preferr msn messenger better because trillian doesn't support the full feature of MSN... and it takes up too much memory to run if you're not using the other 4 chatting clients. Also.. i don't know about how long it takes you guys to load.. but it takes my computer over 1 minutes to start up trillian (yeah.. i have a pretty slow computer)....

I used trillian for a LONG time until I got fed up that it didn't have any custom emoticons. My friends were sending too many custom emoticons, and since I had a Windows Live Messenger invite, I decided to go back to MSN. It's a bit more stable compared to trillian, and exits faster :lol:

I like MSN better, didnt really get on with ICQ or AIM so i had no use for trillan.MSN is quite a stylish, nice program to use. Most people on the web use msn. Plus its handy when in college / school to use webmsn. So my vote is MSN, even tho it does have bugs / problems. But every software has its problems.