xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
BiNaRy

Cool Monitor Set Up my screens

I have been using a Viewsonic 19In LCD for the last two years or so and i still love it, however last time i was at Frys i saw a huge 27in widescreen LCD for 699! I picked it up and ran home to try it out. I put it on my desk and thought "you what would be cool? Two monitors!" so I put my Viewsonic next to it. I have a X850 XT PE with dual display capibility and DVI, knowing this I planed to have the viewsonic on VGA and the big boy on DVI. I set the 27 to 1286/720 and my other to 1024/786. amaisingly when i move a window from one to the other it resizes is almost instntly! The icons are a little bigger on the 27 but that doesnt bother me. I guess the moral of this story is if you have a pricy graphics card and you want a big monitor, go ahead and get it.

One of my friend has a set-up like that, they're pretty sweet, play Counter-Strike on one and do homework on the other, at the same time!

Sounds really cool to get yourself a 27" lcd screen, but I went one step bigger. I got a projector that displays a screen as wide as 8 feet. Now talk about big... That is soo huge. I also got a wireless keyboard and mouse to go with it so that I can be sitting on either couch and don't have these short wires or any wires to bother you. You thought your icons were big. These icons ore are as big as my hand.. maybe bigger.. don't even know if I even tried to size it up. It is soo cool to play games with.. :lol: well good luck with that monitor.

yeah i run a similar setup except oi have a laptop. I use the laptops screen at 1920x1200 and then have a 14" lcd monitor connected that runs 1024x768 thus i get a huge screen and can test websites on any resolution. I love it and never will go back to 1 screen unless im actually using the laptop as a laptop and not docked

i neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed toooooooooo

I have been using a Viewsonic 19In LCD for the last two years or so and i still love it, however last time i was at Frys i saw a huge 27in widescreen LCD for 699! I picked it up and ran home to try it out. I put it on my desk and thought "you what would be cool? Two monitors!" so I put my Viewsonic next to it. I have a X850 XT PE with dual display capibility and DVI, knowing this I planed to have the viewsonic on VGA and the big boy on DVI. I set the 27 to 1286/720 and my other to 1024/786. amaisingly when i move a window from one to the other it resizes is almost instntly! The icons are a little bigger on the 27 but that doesnt bother me. I guess the moral of this story is if you have a pricy graphics card and you want a big monitor, go ahead and get it.

yeah i run a similar setup except oi have a laptop. I use the laptops screen at 1920x1200 and then have a 14" lcd monitor connected that runs 1024x768 thus i get a huge screen and can test websites on any resolution. I love it and never will go back to 1 screen unless im actually using the laptop as a laptop and not docked

Notice from jlhaslip:
A bit spammy here. Let's post more information next time.

I'm totally envious! I still have an old school 17inch samsung viewsonic :(. In the next few weeks I hope to get something new, but for now I need to continue upgrading my old hardware piece by piece. I would love to see a pic of the monitor set up thow :(.

I would post a picture of it but it would be hard to capture since my laptop is on my desk and on a shelf to the side is my monitor so that i can see it from my bed and use it as a television. Basically, if you do "pimp out" your monitor setup, being creative is always good but at the same time practicallity works the best.

Hah nice. I have a Radeon X850 PRO card.. So the other day I wondered if I could put two monitors, since I didn't have two monitors I simply plugged in my TV. :( To my surprise, it actually worked fine.. I could play games on it, surf the web etc... Everything that you can do with a normal monitor. Only problem is that the picture on the TV looked crappy as hell, probably because native TV resolution sucks and it's interlaced too... Then again, it looked sorta blurry too. Still was cool though. :(