xisto Community
delivi

Google To Enter Into Ebay Territory

I hope that Google will become the ruler of the web. Google provides most of the services available on the web like Search, Mail, Maps, News Groups, Blogs, Chat, Shopping,......

Now Google is likely to enter the Online Auction arena. I recently came across a site that informs that google is set to enter the eBay territory. An entry yesterday on the Google Base Blog reveals plans to allow people to buy and sell items on Google Base using their Google Accounts.

Read more from Google Base Blog

im not realy happy with that, becouse google didnt started that service earlyer, before eBay. They should invent something like eBay but with some small feautures that google invented. Like you can get some things for free if you have ... a lot of activity on google or something...

i think this is pretty cool. and even though google dosent really have the best reputation with all this privacy and information storing rumors going on i think that it would be nice of google to do something like eBay. then again it might just make this internet a bit more messy than this messy crap that it already is. just another service....which would make you sign up there too. and then when you look for stuff to buy you have to look on eBay AND on googles ebay thing. as for sqlbytes proposal of getting free stuff is you have lots of activity i dont think that is very realisic. first of all because google dosent really have any community type stuff and any activity isnt really going to contribute to google. and if it was mean for googles ebay thing then i dont think it is possible at all because all the stuff that are sold are from private people and not by google. and i dont think private people are going to give their stuff awayfor free.

I do not think that many people except those extremely dedicated to Google will use this unless Google really tries hard to get people to use this. The reason I think they will have problems with it is that unlike many of the services that Google offers (like mail) this service actually has reasonable competition that people can not complain about. I think that Google will have a hard time taking on Ebay.

Google Base is the service strted by Google that will enter into the eBay territory.

In Google Base you can post any product or anything so that it is searchable by anybody so much similar to eBay.

This service is still in Beta Stage, so more features will be added as it goes on under development.

Well I hope they will have more protection for buyers and more strict policing of sellers and a higher standard of customer service policy.Fed up with awful sellers on ebay.

I'm not too sure. at the moment there's only 1 place to go to do online auctions - ebay. google won't add more people to the auctions it'll just split ebay's audience. so sellers will have to put an ad on ebay and google base costing them more money but not getting anything more back :lol:

Like trace-uk said, This will ruin sellers chance of selling something since they need to put it on one site while there audience is being split. THey cant put it on both sites because they only have one item so if it is bought on both sites then one they have a situation since they have two buyers for one item, two they have to pay more to get it on google and ebay, third google already has enough stuff going on. They dont need to have a auction place.

One thing that Google could make is let us use our funds from Google Adsense for example in ebay!! I think its a good ideia!! :lol: So, for those who have for example $50 and have VERY LITTLE clicks and the prevision to get to the $100 is in 1 year :lol: they could use those $50 in ebay, the same goes for those who have plenty of $$ on Adsense!! :lol: Well, it's just a thought, i think it's a very good ideia, but i don't think Google would do something like this!!

One thing that Google could make is let us use our funds from Google Adsense for example in ebay!! I think its a good ideia!! :lol: So, for those who have for example $50 and have VERY LITTLE clicks and the prevision to get to the $100 is in 1 year :lol: they could use those $50 in ebay, the same goes for those who have plenty of $$ on Adsense!! :lol:
Well, it's just a thought, i think it's a very good ideia, but i don't think Google would do something like this!!

I never thought of this. THis could be very useful because i only get areound 50 dollars from adsense and if they make it so yuo can use any amount of adsense moeny then that would be very useful. IT would also attract more people into using adsense. If you could do this then change my reaction of this from no to yes.

But there's Yahoo Auctions. Well, at least for me where I live. I'm finding it a much better experience than eBay. I think eBay is good only if you live in the US. Google could conquer the non-US market (which is a huge market if you ask me).

To be honest with you I never use Ebay, so addmitedly this news if of little concern to me, I would like to say however that I doubt even Google could challenge Ebay, well lets be honest how meny people actually know about Google BAse (outside of the uber-Geeks, that we are). Plus Ebay has a long standing reputation, ok so pretty much everyone knows about Google (and most trust the brand). So this could work, but I see the job of Google being difficult, but you never know they could just manage it.

if google go into ebay's territory maybe ebay will counter with starting their own search engine for the web? Don't forget ebay owns paypal.com so it has the monopoly on auction payments, so google would still have to allow people to pay for auctions through paypal or start their own payment system.