xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
aboodx

'intel Inside' Out As Company Launches A New Slogan From now on, the chip maker be touting its processors with Leap a

DECEMBER 30, 2005 (IDG NEWS SERVICE) - After 15 years of service as a tool to teach consumers what brand of chip to ask for inside a personal computer, Intel Corp. has decided it's out with the old "Intel Inside" campaign in favor of a new logo and tag line that includes the phrase "Leap ahead."

The logo and tag line will be formally announced on Tuesday.

Posted Image

As part of the major rebranding effort, the 37-year-old Intel logo -- its name in lowercase letters and a dropped "e" -- which was created by Silicon Valley pioneers Robert Noyce and Gordon Moore, has been dropped, too. The new logo is simply "intel" with the same swoop around the word that has circled the phrase "Intel Inside" for over two decades.

"We're aligning our brand strategy with our platform strategy," said Bill Calder, a spokesman for Intel. The "Intel Inside" campaign focused solely on the company's microprocessors, such as its popular Pentium line of chips. But Intel has changed its focus to entire platforms that include the microprocessor as well as other surrounding chips and chip sets, such as Centrino for laptops able to surf the Internet using Wi-Fi, and the upcoming Viiv platform for home entertainment computers.

The new logo aims to reflect Intel's focus on whole platforms instead of microprocessors. "As we evolve as a company, it makes sense to evolve our brand," said Calder.

Still, "Intel Inside," which was launched in 1991, went a long way toward teaching PC users something about the important components inside their computers and helped separate the identity of the microprocessor from, say, the memory chip or graphics chip.

"It was a great campaign and it really put us on the map with consumers," said Calder. And the term inside won't disappear completely from Intel's microprocessor lines. The company will use its new logo alongside the name of the processor and the word inside with its chips, such as " 'intel' Pentium M inside."

The new tag line, "Leap ahead," is meant to express what the company has made possible in the past in terms of technology, and what it intends to continue doing, said Calder.

The company has been mulling the logo change for a few years, Calder said, ever since it shifted its focus to its platform strategy, which it reinforced earlier this year by reorganizing into five new business units: the Mobility Group, the Digital Home Group, the Digital Enterprise Group, the Digital Health Group and the Channel Products Group.

Previously, the company had divided its units around chip architectures used in specific products, such as the Intel Architecture Group and Intel Communications Group.

The company spent much of this year working on the new logo, Calder said, but he declined to say how much the rebranding effort would cost the world's largest chip maker.

Notice from mayank:
Added Quotes to copied stuff! Warning Issued

Sorry aboodx, you could have quoted the source of this interesting news. In that case since you don't follow the rule of the forum I'm afraid you may lose some credits on the way.I thought 'Intel Inside' was one of the best slogans around. However, 15 years is alot in terms of years but i don't think this kind of good slogan can lose its charm even at 15 years of age. 'Leap forward' sounds like one proverb that says, 'Look before your leap'. Can they not come up with a better slogan. Leap forward sounds pretty ordinary comparing to the first one 'Intel Inside'. In fact, it gives a kind of impression to end users that if Intel isn't inside it doesn't look complete.

I have already noticed that Intel had started changing that distinctive tune on their adverts, and now they are changing their logo and slogan. Companies generally spend billions creating their brand and getting their name, slogan, logos and products known, and Intel had succeeded very well in getting known. Although the new logo does look more modern than the last one I don't think it looks as good, but that's just my personal opinion.Also, changing the slogan gets rid of the "Intel inside, idiot outside" jokes :lol:

Although I?m not an Intel fan, I think the logo was the best thing about it. It?s well known all around the world, so I think it made a pretty good job for a company that hasn?t a lot of years in the business. But I suppose it was getting old... maybe too classical, and that?s not a great thing for a company about computing and technology.The new looks good but I?m not sure if it has enough personality to replace the previous one.

Crap, I never thought I'd see the day when a case badge would become obsolete. :( Personally, I think the logo looks like crap, along with the slogan. When I go to microcenter, every intel box blends in, and I have to look and read the sall print to see what processor it is. Bad Intel!!!

Intel inside was more than a slogan, it was a brand statement. One identified Intel with intel Inside,But no longer so. and there is nothing good about the new logo.Speaking of Intel Inside jokesi heard that AMD( dont know if its true) have a grave outside their office and guess whats written on the tombstone.Intel Inside !!!