xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
spy_charly

How To Add From A Script Users To Webprotect? adding users outside cpanel

hello guys i was wondering how to add new users allowed to poen cartain folder but added from a php script or something.In fact i want just my friends see that folder but as soon as they register, they are granted inmediatly with the selected user and password they chose, is it possible? how? and where to add them?

What you are looking for is a "log-in" script. Each user has a password and are assigned a "level". Here at the Trap, Guests, Members. Mods, and Admins are different "levels". Each level restricts what you can do, where you can go, and what you can see when you get there. Most Forum software like phpbb, IPB, etc and most CMS systems use a similar process to assign a user their capabilities and access.There are various "log-in" scripts around the web. Some are more efective than others. Be sure that when a viewer does a "view > source", that there are no clues to the password or the location of the password. This usually means a Server Side Script will be required. Something like php or perl. Also, the process should not allow users to sneak in the back door to your site, meaning, there should be a procedure to send non-validated users to a sign-in page to be validated. It can get pretty tricky in spots, so if I was to install a system such as the one you need, I would have a package written by someone else because I don't yet have enough experience to write it myself.try searching the tutorials here or hotscripts.com. or google on it.

well that wasnt exactly what i want, this is my situation.At school we have some kind of club and we are several, and to avoid soemone else can even sees the page i would like to use this feature "WebProtect" that is included in cpanel, but th big diference is that when they just register to have the script (this is not the problem yet) insert their user name and password into the database the "Web Protect" feature uses (This is the problem) where to insert the data?

You could probably make a script that appends a username and password for registration to the .htaccess file that Web Protect uses. I could make up a Perl script in a couple of minutes if you needed. I understand what you are talking about.

Edited by michaelper22 (see edit history)

Trap17 supports Perl, PHP, and probably some other languages. Really, a script like the one I mentioned is really easy to make. Maybe I'll sit down with my Perl book tonight and make a script.