xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
midnitesun

Annoyingly Long Time For Shut Down

Problems updating and shutting down with Windows 7Annoyingly Long Time For Shut Down

Hello,

I'm having major problems updating and shutting down my computer.  It's a brand new computer (ASUS UL80Vt-A1) that I only purchased about a month ago.  It has the Windows 7 O/S.  I have barely used the computer, as it's still very, very new.  Yesterday I turned on the computer and it needed updates from Windows, so I started the updating.  It took 7 hours to install 24 updates!!  It would not shut off properly after the updates were installed.  I also checked the history of the updates, and many of the updates failed to install.  I had to take out the battery in order for the computer to shut off, then I turned it on again, and used it for a short time.  When I went to shut down the computer, it had the sign for more updates!  So, the computer was installing 10 more updates from Windows, and it took all night! I started at 7PM the night before, and it was still on when I woke up the next morning.  It has been trying to shut down for many hours.  The computer is still saying "shutting down".  I can't use control-alternate-delete, as that does nothing.  I think I will take out the battery again like I did before.  Please help!!  Do you think it's a virus? Perhaps it was sold to me with a virus already in the O/S?

Thanks for your help.

-question by Kikiben

Solved:I had the same problem when I bought the Dell n4050 Core I3 one , I realized that the default user account is the problem, create a new user , delete the default one , that is .