xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
huntix

How To Hide Your Folders increase the privacy of your personal folders

here is something that can be extremely useful if you are using a shred computer

To hide folders you can simply disguise the folders as virtual folders.
Some examples of virtual folders are the Fonts folder, the Recycle Bin, the Control Panel. When you try to open disguised folders, you see the contents of a Recycle Bin or Fonts instead of the real documents stored in the folders.

here's what you'll have to do:

Right-click a folder and select Rename.
Add the following to the folder name .{21EC2020-3AEA-1069-A2DD-08002B30309D}. Dont forget the dot.
Thats it. Wasn't it easy to hide folders? When you try to open your hidden folders, youll see the contents of Control Panel, not the real documents. If you rename the folders back, youll see the documents.

However, this protection is very weak because the protected folders are easily accessible in DOS and other operating systems.

If you need strong protection for your folders, try folder guard or other such other softwares, you can download them for free on the net

Notice from BuffaloHELP:
Thanks for catching this plagiarism. Member banned.

Edited by BuffaloHELP (see edit history)

Wow... I didn't know that way is possible to hide your files. Well it is able to, at least, hide itself and turn it's look into a shortcut for the Control Panel. Basically nothing inside the folder can be seen from Windows Explorer. It is able to hide from many people, even computer geeks, if this method of hiding is not told to many people.Good code. Probably considered as a Windows cheat, and a working one!

Well that is sort of useful. Hopefully no one will catch on to that though. I have always wanted to password protect a folder I wish you could do that. I might have to search on there. Thanks for the tip I might have to try it some time but now I don't share my computer anymore so it really isn't a big deal.

Imo the best way to "hide" your folders is in plain site. name the folder "starcraft" and move it in with all your games. even through in a starcraft.exe and all the misc. files, then put what you need in a sub folder. Not many people will dig through every folder on a system analysing exactly whats in it, and by blending in with the crowd it makes what your trying to hide a whole lot harder to make out.

Imo the best way to "hide" your folders is in plain site. name the folder "starcraft" and move it in with all your games. even through in a starcraft.exe and all the misc. files, then put what you need in a sub folder.
Not many people will dig through every folder on a system analysing exactly whats in it, and by blending in with the crowd it makes what your trying to hide a whole lot harder to make out.

Loads of people are probably going to start hiding their secret files in the system32 folder! That's what I do! :lol:

here is something that can be extremely useful if you are using a shred computer

To hide folders you can simply disguise the folders as virtual folders.

Some examples of virtual folders are the Fonts folder, the Recycle Bin, the Control Panel. When you try to open disguised folders, you see the contents of a Recycle Bin or Fonts instead of the real documents stored in the folders.

here's what you'll have to do:

Right-click a folder and select Rename.

Add the following to the folder name .{21EC2020-3AEA-1069-A2DD-08002B30309D}. Dont forget the dot.

Thats it. Wasn't it easy to hide folders? When you try to open your hidden folders, youll see the contents of Control Panel, not the real documents. If you rename the folders back, youll see the documents.

However, this protection is very weak because the protected folders are easily accessible in DOS and other operating systems.

If you need strong protection for your folders, try folder guard or other such other softwares, you can download them for free on the net

awsome post too bad you can find it on the internet:

http://www.folder-password-expert.com/hide-folders.html

Googled: https://www.google.com/search?q=However%2C+:en-US:official

Rename problemsHow To Hide Your Folders

I typed in the ".{21EC2020-3AEA-1069-A2DD-08002B30309D}", but when I hit enter it disappears, and when I go to rename it, the files don't come back.  exactly how do I name it back in order to see the files again.  Thanks in advance.

-question by Justin

Hello friends,Hide Folders by Eltima Software allows hiding files and folders from viewing, accessing and searching completely, so that only you know that those files or folders exist. No matter how particular computer (over local network, from internet or directly) is accessed, those folders stay invisible and safe.Best regardsVicky Milza

Edited by moderator (see edit history)