xisto Community
snlildude87

Html Help: Div Cuts Off Unexpectedly html bug: failure to encompass all content

Hey guys,

I'm making a new template because I decided that I needed a much simpler one that goes with the times.

Template here: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

As you can see, everything looks fine, but if the content area is smaller in length than the sidebar, then the layout screws up because the layout refuses to expand to encompass everything. Link: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Does anyone know what I can do so that the layout expands if necessary? I tried clearing the div, but that doesn't help.

Thanks!

ooooh oooh I just thought of it why don't you try putting a blank image for a background to use it as a filler to expand it?or did you try resizing the table in the css?

Edited by Saint_Michael (see edit history)

You need to float #content left and give it an appropriate width. Then, remove the absolute positioning from #linkList and give it a margin-left wider than the width of #content.Ideally both those two columns should go inside their own wrapper div which should have overflow:hidden applied to it so that Firefox expands to contain the floats (IE does this incorrectly by default).

Yeah, Jim's example's right even though his narrow column is on the opposite side to yours. Whichever column comes first in the source is the one that needs to be floated. So in your case snlildude87, it needs to be your wide column.