xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
nelarozi

Are Adsense Earnings Legal? can someone help in this

Before i put my website on the internet i want to know if earning money by google's adsense is legal?! (I am especially worried about taxes) do you need a buissnes and pay taxes or you don't have to pay the taxes?Please anwser as soon as posable! TNX!

Notice from mayank:
Please make sure you use a descriptive topic title & topic description

Well, Adsence earnings are leagal!You have to pay the taxes from the earning of google adsence.As far as having a business for adsence..is not required..It can be run from your personal bank account!

Well, Adsence earnings are leagal!You have to pay the taxes from the earning of google adsence.
As far as having a business for adsence..is not required..It can be run from your personal bank account!

how can you pay taxes if google sends you a check for 100$+
were u talking about when i buy somthing with it or something else

You have to keep track of what Google sends you, and then file your income taxes like everybody else at tax time. You would just have to use a tax form for a self-employed person. Then you would have to pay taxes on all of it at once, unless you don't make enough to have to be charged for and it's your only source of income. You would still have to file a tax form though. If you do start earning some significant money from adsense, go to a tax preparing place and have your taxes done so it's all legal. If you have another job, just include your adsense earnings on that tax form as extra/additional income. Just ask a tax expert for how to keep everything all legal.

you only really have to worry about taxes if you are making a lot of money. if you are only making 100 a month, i wouldn't even bother with taxes. Also, remember that technically, you have to be 18 (or 19?) years old to join google. So, you will probably have to get a parent to sign up for you if you are under age. (In that case, your parents would have to file those earnings with their taxes.)

I also just started with adsense. Are you even making 100+ per month? The taxes thing could get hairy too. So the way it sounds from what all you said is that google doesn't send a tax statement at the end of the year. Does anything go to the IRS from google? Like is there some kind of record the IRS gets that you have been paid by google or is it like under the table money. I'm just also wondering about thosefacts, but maybe I don't have to worry to much since I hardly make any money on it. Well, the IRS is probably already monitoring this thread so they already know about me LOL so, I guess i'll be claiming my $50 bucks for the year on my taxes hahahahGood luck to you all

if you are from th USA, you will be required to provide a tax ID. that is how thr IRS will know if you reported your income or not. also google will send you a statement at the end of tthe year (i forgot what the form code was). though they send you the statement, google does not "deduct" taxes for you. They simply send you a summary of earnings so you can report it yourself.