xisto Community
master_bacarra

Disk Boot Failure - Please Help Me!

apparently i was able to finish my deadlines and the presentation worked really well. unfortunately, my pc encountered the problem again. i've used the bootdisk and the computer now is trying to find a file named hal.dll from the system32 folder of my xp drive. my prof told me to use the cd installer of windows xp and choose the "repair" option at bootup to fix the problem. hopefully this time, nothing would go wrong.i noticed one thing through this problem of mine. one of my best guess why my pc had gone bonkers was because of a virus. because everytime i load xp, a warning pops up if i should run "windspl.exe" or not. i found out from the net that this is a result of a worm that has recently been discovered. with that said, do you know any good anti-virus software that i can download? i want to fix this problem up to the last bit. grr... viruses suck

I hope I'm not too late. Try changing the motherboard cmos battery. I suspect your cmos battery voltage has dropped into the weak range. And that is why your computer gets the error, sometimes. Certain motherboards are picky about the battery voltage. Once the voltage drops out of this narrow range of possible voltages. Your pc then gets alz_hei_mer's dis_ease. bob

Well, why don?t you try to restart the computer and use a boot disk with some utilities to check on your HDD so you can be sure that it doesn?t have any problems? Because if the HDD doesn?t detect the system it could be a failure on the MBR that is the first part of the HDD and is where is stored the info that is read by the bios to recognize what it should run and everything else. There is a program called HDD Regenerator that doesn?t touch your files and what it does is a physical scan on the disk to look after bad sector (parts of the HDD that are damaged), those causing, possibly, your computer not to boot. So the program will check your disk and try to correct those errors. Possibly you will be able to start windows after that, but my recommendation is that you back up all the files, because in one way or another, the disk has problem and it could be possible to stop working again. After you fix it, it can also be possible (if it FOUND and FIX problems) that still your computer doesn?t enter to windows, in that case I recommend you that you take your HDD to another computer enter to Windows with the HDD of the other computer and from that Windows copy all your important files. Hope it helps! :)

Last month i was having the same problem , that is really awfull think that time again ! :lol:

I can understand what a person can feel when recieving such erorrs.

Finally , i got rid of this awfull problem by purchaing a new branded PC :lol:

just i think that is the best way that i have selected...

Do you have a boot disk on hand? If you don't get on a different computer and go to this website (http://www.bootdisk.com/) and get one, I recommend a windows XP copy. Or you can go the Linux route and get a linux live cd. I reccommend KNOPPIX (http://www.knoppix.org/) That has a graphical interface and it's easier to back up your data. If you manage to get one of those running, you can either attempt to recover your disk, or reformat the disk. Hope you can get it working again!

Edited by Magic1492 (see edit history)

I had this problemshow I fixed it was put in a windows 98 start up diskonce its load type ( fdisk /mbr ) -minus brackes.what this does is fixes the corupted boot.ini file

I need help i get this Disk boot fail enter a cd

I have foxconn 661mx pro and am having a problem. I just bought a new hard drive 160gb is a western something is a IDE when I try to install my windows xp it tells me I need to enter a CD into the CD-room

I know all my plug inside the computer are plug in good can any body help me with the BIOS setting

-reply by John