xisto Community
mayank

Do You Hate Internet Explorer? Show Your Support! this is called FLING IE

I think Tyssen & who dat you must stop flaming. If you have some issues please sort out by PM's.

It was me who started the program but I closed it down because many IE fans started absuing in the comments..so I thought that it is better to close it down because I was never against IE in a way because even I use IE but I wanted that people stop using IE because most of them dont know that they can fall in traps when they'll use IE...most likely WHO DAT you are also one of those (You mentioned that IE started giving the problems.) And to tell you the truth, campaign was just not related to firefox it was related to Opera too.

Anyway, can you provide technical proof that firefox is better than IE?

What kind of technical proof are you looking for -

Forbes, Pc World and other big companies are saying about firefox that it is better than IE - do you need any bigger proof than that.

even if not that - there are lots and lots of information about this on the internet only, just do a Google search and you'll come to know why firefox or Opera are better than IE.

While your at it see if you can get everyone to stop using Windows, itself, Linux is better. And also any other product Microsoft produces, there's heaps of free open source stuff that does the same or better job

Edited by tonyused (see edit history)

umm...i used opera at all time which save much system resources...about IE and FireFox...recommend you to read this report below:

According to the latest news dispatch reported that, US'S computer urgent response group (CERT) indicated on the other day, the early edition Firefox browser, as well as based on Firefox the essence Mozilla software existence massive security loophole, the user must promote as soon as possible. But acts according to CNET the report, security organization Secunia stated, in included Firefox 1.5 in the old edition browser to discover 21 loopholes, very were many are "the high danger" the loophole, allowed the hacker to control the overall system completely.
Before this, Firefox relies on "is fine" the security, once obtained the user the approval, and the user quantity had the very big enhancement in the past year. According to the related development facility data, the Firefox market share already surpassed 10%, this was considered was to the current browser overlord IE biggest threat. Even some people started "the ballad back then", proposed had the possibility to reappear the Netscape unrest.

Uses Firefox from me the experience to look that, its merit as if also does not have any, more possibly manifests in the correlation establishment simply, the permission user relatively carries on the change the choice to be less. May reduce "the hoodlum software" in the certain degree "the harassment". As for security, because the use custom and system itself establishes the reason, does not have more experiences as if.

But acts according to each kind of analysis, Firefox obtains the success the biggest merit to lie in its security performance to be more reliable.
Looks back on Firefox "the gain of fame and fortune history", how is it happen to is in Microsoft not to make money to IE this "the old person who has rendered meritorious service" to neglect the time, "disease is encumbered", sees the press repeatedly to the IE negative report. In particular IE security problem, by more and more many people accusation. Even sometimes just has had the patch today, on will discover a loophole tomorrow!

Objective speaking, the IE function must compared to Firefox rich many, its design relative be maturer absolutely. But Firefox then is relatively simple. But perhaps is precisely so, after the people are using IE for a long time, is often easy to produce "thought method", and "is fickle in affection". At the same time, in order to cater to the more people's taste, IE always unceasingly is increasing the new function, causes it to change more "is extremely fat", takes IE6.0 to say, has several 10 million, arrives at a specialized application software size completely. In such situation, Firefox "succinct America" the appearance, is no different with lets very many people one be bright at present.

Along with user's fast growth, the people more and more are also thick to the Firefox interest, some hacker friends, their always meeting "is in a stew" in particular in some new things, take "the breakthrough limit" as the honor. Thereupon, question also following. Is called the browser security angel Firefox then to start continuously in the popular several months to appear the loophole. To today, meets unexpectedly at the same time appears 21 high dangers loopholes!The Mozilla foundation compares Microsoft to say, appears "is more conservative", we may suspect, perhaps has the loophole which are more they to discover not to publicize, also some who do know?

In the software security problem, forever all cannot have the absolute view. Takes by the people was thought the safest LINUX operating system, the apple operating system, more and more many virus, the loophole already produced!Industry in spread in the past the security myth completely is already broken!We must acknowledge that, the human is not after all the machine, the general meeting has the wrong production.

But more importantly, for can the better satisfied people's need, Firefox inevitably be able to change diligently oneself, the positive innovation, meets the user need in the greatest degree. Then, the browser also inevitably will change huge, more questions also can tag along after but to. On likely today Google, although its contact surface has not changed throughout, but every day was thinking actually how provides the new service, the enhancement attraction, by gains more users. But said regarding Firefox that, perhaps 20% are a checkpoint, cannot surpass this proportion, then it never can give IE to pose the true threat.

Again has a look at Microsoft, after realizes IE receives Firefox's challenge, already this regards as one kind of latent threat, Gates all already indicated, in 2001 in the later day, IE has made a mistake in the strategy, now needs further to take. Takes WebFluent Corporation the founder lynne speech, Microsoft through reis taking IE "the establishment on the Web dominant position". Has good foundation IE, once is taken, then its development potential is inevitably extremely huge. Moreover, Microsoft the legal copy operating system which promotes vigorously in China, also will give IE "to inspire the banners and drums to add strong again".
Will start true "the defense" in IE today, what Firefox takes to bet with IE tomorrow?

Edited by hulunes (see edit history)

I see nothing wrong with Internet Explorer. If i need to pull up a page that won't come up on Mozilla Fire Fox, I just hop on internet explorer. Really guyz, what is wrong with internet explorer? Just a browser for crying out loud.

I found a website that does not display on firefox, but will display on IE.

dude that doesn't mean there is a problem with firefox, it just means that website probably doesn't conform to the internet standards and was most likely designed for IE

as for people saying "well IE has market share" thats because the general pc user doesn't know its an evil inseure browser, its just the one thats on their computer already and because it says "internet" in it they assume thats where the internet lives.

I must say though that firefox still has some way to go before it can be called the "better browser" I've tried to get friends to switch but have had difficulty using it, the sad truth of it is 80% of computer users don't really know what they're doing.

a couple reasons to fling IE into a cowfield:

- the only reason it has the market share is that the illerterates who use it dont know that anything else exists

- it comes with windows, which for some reason comes with most computers these days - also because people are too stupid to know about anything else.

- IE makes my job hell - I'm a webdesigner

- IE is worse on the security front, as nobody else but MS can change anything about it. (Isn't Opera going open source?)

- IE is mainstream, and since we have established earlier in the thread that mainstream sucks, then obviously IE sucks.

- IE steals ideas - just have a look at IE 7. Nobody cares who originally started tabbed browsing; IE did not have it untill IE 7 beta 1, so screw IE. (think it was Opera that started tabs, wasn't it)

- IE cannot get even basic layout right (cellspacing is freaky)

- IE does not do proper CSS... just sucks at some of it... (X:hover sometimes freaks out at random places)

- IE has nothing that Firefox Opera and Netscape have - while the latter definitely have things that IE does not...

- IE never gets people making plugins for it (just because it's not worth it), while Firefox especially has hundreds of them. (fireFTP being my personal fav)

- MS earns money for IE, money they invest in those huge banners everywhere (near me, anyways) - I think the most reacent one is about outlook/pocket PC compatibility (who uses them anyways??)

- MS makes bad things like MS Office and makes you pay for them when you can get things that do the same things better for free (such as Open Office). You obviously dont want to support that kind of cheating, do you?!?!

- Basically, people are brainwashed into thinking that IE is worth anything. It is slower that all browsers I have tried (other that Netcape 8 during lag) - try Opera before saying IE is fast. Just give IE hell and get something worth your time.

- IE has no PNG transparency compatability. This is the worst offence to the web that M$ could commit (other that cheating our a**es off, which they do anyways)

Thanks.

About the pages that only work in IE, anybody could make things that only work in any other browser, on any specific platform from any specific country (hence the US government wanting to control the Internet - good luck, loosers). Its just a matter of whether or not the designers think at all when they make things that determines what the user sees in a particular browser. So ditch IE.

To all FF lovers, have a good laugh: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Edited by elrohir (see edit history)

There is no evidence to say Firefox is faster. As a matter of fact. I have found it to be slower than IE while all its pretty perks download.

There have actually been researches - do you think that nobody has bothered, with all this kind of stuff going on?

Opera came out top on all but one category (cold-boot downloads) where it was on average 2.7 seconds behind Firefox. Remember that we are not just talking IE vs. FF here - we are saying that IE sucks in general.

And what are those "pretty perks" you are talking about? Plug-ins? You obviously use bandwidth when downloading plug-ins, but that is one download. Seriously, have you used FF for more than five minutes?

It would be so much simpler if all US citizens converted to AOL... by the way, does anyone know why it is called [/i]america online? havent they noticed that america is more than the US?

An interesting thought just struck me... Why are we bothering to get people to stop using IE? The main reason there are so many bugs is that it is targeted due to high user ratings, and if FF or other good things go up, then they might become larger targets... so why dont we let idiots use IE (or USOL, for that matter), and keep FF and Opera for the people who actually care?

The main reason there are so many bugs is that it is targeted due to high user ratings

Security bugs maybe, but as for its CSS rendering bugs, they're due to just poor coding.

I personally cannot stand IE, and it doesn't help that it's so weak against attacks. And yes, I do think it is kind of stupid to use it compared to (what I think are) better browsers like Firefox or Opera. But man, why do people have to be so pushy about it? If others want to use IE, bad idea or not, less features or not, it's THEIR choice, not yours. Just let people use whatever they want to use.

In my opinion, Firefox is the best. However, when Internet Explorer 7 comes out, my website will have to made to be quadruple IE Engine compatible.Best browsers in order:Firefox, Opera, Netscape, Mozilla/SeaMonkey, Flock (not out yet), Avant Browser, Maxthon, Internet Explorer, MSN ExplorerI try to make my site the most compatible, but it is taking too much time.

Security bugs maybe, but as for its CSS rendering bugs, they're due to just poor coding.

Yes, I did mean security bugs . And CSS does suck in IE - what is the point of trying to make sites look good in IE? CSS in IE7 is worse that 6 - if that is possible, so shouldnt we just post a little sign on websites only visible to IE saying that this website is against IE and therefore codes accordingly?

People say that we should not force people to stop using IE - then they should stop forcing webdesigners to make IE compatible sites...

I don't like IE. It clutters my taskbar because of no tab support, and the MSN toolbar that adds that functionality is bloated. IE is not HTML standards compliant as opera nor firefox, and its getting even more farther away as time progresses and better things come out. It is highly expliotable and you can end up getting a lot more spyware than Opera or FireFox will ever give you because its integrated into the Operating System.Opera 9 has got to be my favorite browser because it integrates everything I will ever need and is HTML standards compliant. My only gripe is that it can load a YTMND right.