xisto Community
mayank

Do You Hate Internet Explorer? Show Your Support! this is called FLING IE

I am an internet explorer user, although I do have Mozilla Firefox installed which I use as an alternative internet browser when I need to (For example, when internet explorer crashes).The reason I don't leave internet explorer, is that I find it is fast, easy to use and doesn't hog CPU/Ram like firefox tends to do at times. I've used it for quite a few years now and love the way it works.I've heard quite a few bad things about the new internet explorer version 7.0 beta, so will most likely wait until the final version is ready before downloading. I really can't see why people use it. If there are major bugs, they're patched up regularly.

hello guys! i dont hate IE but....sometimes i preffer using it because it is...how can it be said, easier to use in some times like for example using ftp or going around in the computerand honestly the IE is all, you can access you hard drive from there or just access the net...that's (i think) the only think i like about IE, and the rest is....well not to be hated but just a campaign to use the browser...if only....do you know any browser that can do something similar?

Earlier I thought that IE - best browser. I have tried FireFox and this has changed my attitude to IE. I think that IE - good browser, but FireFox - best!This can forbid any picture on page, supports the beautiful thems and very fast! You know browser better? I'm don't know.

i dont really think that IE is all that bad...i use it more than i use firefox...IE i think allows you to view most of the content on a page thats been put there...i dont know about the comparision of the speeds...because they both seem fast to me i guess...

Hey guyz!
Do you hate Internet explorer? or do you want other people to stop using Internet explorer and make them switch to another browser? If yes, then here's the time to show your support.
I've started a campaign in which I am requesting people to stop using Internet Explorer, I am sure that most of us know why we've got to do this...I know most of us are intelligent smile.gif

I think if anyone thinks the way I think..must take part in this campaign and must make other people aware about this...and help them to make a switch!

Here's the link to the campaign - FLING IE

The sad thing is that you really believe that people care what browser that they use ?? i mean i like firefox alot more than internet explorer but i would be using internet explorer if it did what firefox did !!!!!!!!!! So like the other guy said once internet explorer 7 comes out i might use that one or just stay with firefox which ever one works the best !!!

i am really not worried which browser i am using as long as it gives me the usabilty i want so therefore at the moment firefox give the best usabilty out of all the browsers. So when i E 7 comes out i'll try it and see but to seriously be making a "campaign" about browsers is really really lame i mean come on there must be something better you can do with your time ????

Hm..I wouldn't say i hate it, because it worked good for me for all those years when there were not any better option. But nowadays i use Opera, cos' it really loads pages faster, works faster and also invented tab-browsing which is the best in this browser..So, Internet explorer is good, since it is quite a STANDARD and this makes it useful on collages, libraries and all that...there is also one other usage of it..if something doesn't work in Firefox or Opera, you always have good old ie which works all the time with everything you want!I don't know, ithink it is far too underrated as it should be since we are all using it at least a lil' bit and it is quite logical that most of the viruses were made for it since it is the most widespread browser on the net..my opinion..nothing more..:)

YES!. internet explorer is an okay program, but there are much better browsers out there. Like safari, and firefox. sometimes internet explorer just wont load things like pictures. its a problem that probaly has an easy way to be fixed.

I have to add my comments. I have switched to Firefox after having problems with IE. I really don't see that Firefox is any better or faster. I think it is just the 'cool' technical thing right now. In a few years people will be dissing firefox for the next generation of browsers.Now, my IE version 6 pack 2 keeps saying 'encountered a problem and will shut down'I have tried everything and nothing fixes it. I mean everything.So that is how I came across firefox.But really I don't see what is the difference in speed or service. Other than the fact that firefox hasn't started the errors yet. But my IE went a good 2 years without messing up. ANd it may be my fault after going into my system and cleaning out files. A system restore did not work and neither does a re-install of IE.SO firefox here I come. I have erased the IE icon.I also agree that IE 7 does look like firefox. I tried IE 7 and it doesn't work. soooo slow. I have a high speed DSL connection so it isn't my pc.

Edited by who dat (see edit history)

I also should mention these Firefox fanatics are getting annoying. And by the way I found a website that does not display on firefox, but will display on IE.So it isn't the holy grail that you praise it to be. Face it. Soon another browser will pop up. The techies will be the first to discover it, then it will trickle down, and then it will be the new hip browser with geeks on message boards everywhere swearing by it.Although those geeks wouldn't be able to tell the difference in a script or a dll file.Also, I hate the way firefox saves pictures to your pc. I much prefer IE method.

Congratulations. Want a medal?

I am just providing proof that most of your testimonials for FF have no valid stance. You saw it advertised on some geek computer website so you think if you don't use it too , you won't be hip. But if that same website slammed FF you would follow leader. Kind of like a mindless droid.
After all, all other browsers are written like and based on windows IE. It was the first, the guide.
Edited by who dat (see edit history)

No. Especially one from an underdeveloped country such as yours. I hate the stench of a 3rd world country. :)

With your poor knowledge of geography and obvious disregard for any other nation other than your own, you must be American.

I am just providing proof that most of your testimonials for FF have no valid stance. You saw it advertised on some geek computer website so you think if you don't use it too , you won't be hip.

Another reason why you must be American: you don't understand what certain words mean. In this case, 'proof' because you've offered nothing of the kind.
As for how I came first came across Firefox and why I use it, keep guessing.

After all, all other browsers are written like and based on windows IE. It was the first, the guide.

Not very good at history either. IE was nowhere near being the first browser and wasn't even the most dominant browser until the late '90s.

I simply posted a smart **bottom** repsonse such as yours.I know exactly where you are. My geography isn't lacking. Neither are my fact based jokes. Anyway, can you provide technical proof that firefox is better than IE?(pictures the Aubergine doing quick google research :))