xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Ao)K-General

Diablo 2 Another topic about it. Post info and talk about D2 here.

Hi!I've been wondering if there are any Diablo-playing Xisto folks out here as this thread had its last post over two years ago. The story line was made excessively complicated so I actually had to map out everything that was going on to make sense of it, probably because I did not play Diablo-I and jumped onto the Diablo-II bandwagon straight away when I heard of it. I played for an hour or two when I first got it and only got myself to playing through it by completing all of the missions during the past week.The game features several character types. I have played most of the game as the Necromancer because it was the easiest to play as. As a necromancer, you can summon undead skeleton mages and skeleton warriors. You can also summon golems. The necromancer can summon units to fight along his side and if you are in the first act of the game, you can get away without having to kill any of the monsters and undead creatures yourself, but you do have to kill the 'bosses' who are real badasses to kill. After you level up and play in multi-player mode through TCP/IP, you can get help from another player who is at a higher level and the game would be a piece of cake to play for him or her. Think of it as two against one because two players can work their way through the game while working collaboratively.The golems summoned by the necromancer are quite useful but you may have noticed that you can only summon one golem at a time. If you summon a clay golem after summoning a blood golem, the blood golem will be unsummoned automatically, and if you summon an iron golem after summoning a clay golem, the clay golem will be unsommoned. It is a pity that you cannot summon multiple golems at once because they are quite powerful. I was able to get the skills to summon a blood golem and a clay golem. If you are in heavy battle, the blood golem will be of much use to you because each time the blood golem causes damage to other units, he gets life points that he shares with you. The blood golem is also stronger than the clay golem. When you are in a fight and cannot find corpses nearby to raise as skeletal mages or skeletal warriors, golems are great to have along. Just one golem is much more useful than half a dozen skeletal warriors because when you are trying to get away, you can summon a golem between you and the boss or other units that you are trying to get away from and off you go! You may want to do it to find a mana potion in your inventory or wait for enough mana to cast a spell, or simply to flee from a battle.While playing as a necromancer, the hardest thing for you to do is defeat Andariel. Andariel makes quick work of your undead skeletal mages and skeletal warriors and takes barely a few seconds to kill the golem, so you would have to cause as much damage as you can from a distance. Do not use a bow and arrow, or at least not the regular run-off-the-mill bow and arrow but instead try to get something that causes significant damage. Hand-axes, javelins, and short spears can cause enough damage but if you can get choking potions or strangling potions, do use them on Andariel because she is one hard villain to take down. Andariel also follows you when you try to flee between the rooms. What you can attempt to do is cause some heavy damage, teleport out of there and head back with another army of skeletons and a golem giving you enough time to finish off Andariel from a distance.When playing as a barbarian, you are much up-close and in the middle of the combat so you are on your own. In the heat of the battle, you have to make sure that you do not accidentally get yourself killed by stepping into a poison gas cloud or come under heavy fire. Keep an eye on your health. You can improve your skills with either swords or axes, so if you can get a weapon of your skill type, hold on to it. You can repair your weapons if the durability does drop. Gemmed weapons cost more to renew but if it is a regular weapon, even if it is one with special abilities, it will not cost you much.Finally, one thing I have noticed is that when you play a multi-player game over the LAN, your character advances in skills whereas the same is not true when playing over the official gaming servers. On the official gaming servers, you have an entirely separate character who you have to take through the various skill levels by playing on the official servers and those characters have no relation whatsoever to the characters with which you play on your own computer or over a multi-player LAN gaming session so if you want to progress through the levels on your computer, you ought to play multi-player over the LAN more than on the official gaming servers.