xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Inspiron

Top 7 Antivirus For Windows

This will help for those who likes to know if they are using one of the best Anti-virus programs.

1. Platinum Internet Security 2005
2. PC-cillin Internet Security 2005
3. BitDefender Professional Edition
4. ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
5. F-Prot for Windows
6. Kaspersky Anti-Virus Personal
7. G Data AntiVirusKit 2005 (AVK)

Reference:
https://www.lifewire.com/top-windows-antivirus-153030

Well, These kind of sources are available everywhere on the internet...Not to dishearten Inspiron on his find..But I actually dont think that we can actually rely on these kind of services..the reason for that is according to this site....there is a diff. software..which has earned the award!

http://www.toptenreviews.com/software/security/best-antivirus-software/

We actually cant actually depend on these reviews itself..I think..one should actually use the software in trial period and if they find it good enough then they must go for that software!

My favourite combination is nod32 and zonealarm! i haven't got any viruses and no hacks! Nod 32 is updated every day so its great for me :huh: Anyway if u haven't got any protection than don't delay get it now!

I have Norton Antivirus Internet Security. It is ok I just installed it earlier this week. It really slows down my start up time for my computer because it takes forever to load. I don't really like it that much it seems to slow down my computer a lot altogether because i just added 256mb of RAM too and it seems to be going just as fast now as it did before after I installed it.

Well i think that they've forgot that AVG ANtivirus 7 that Free Antivirus, I currently have it running and it's Amazing ;) it automaticly like Norton Antivirus But Way Much Lighter weight on The RAM since Norton Virus Wise is Great But is Overloaded With Apps so that slows down the system or just sucks easily 20 to 30 % of ram AVG AV is really quiet And you'll see that you have everything needed down there ..... AndConcerning Kaspersky Thats the worst one iv ever tried It Might've been a Bad Experience Or something But I had LOts Of virus at a time .... And that Noise Detecting Virus Killed me at The Startup i could'nt stop that Noise but I'D say Bottom Line AVG is Great might've been my only experience so far..... BUt By the way before i go are these Commercial Anti Virus Apps ?But look "Plenoptic" Dont u Think if u its a Sign .... Just Take it Off Put on that SP2 and use the Xp Firewall add to it my AVG Antivirus ;) and its gonna be enough and Use Firefox 1.5 its more more and more secure so u can make sure theres no Spywares Comming through since Firefox dosent have Active X it protects you alot :huh: plus AD aware an Microsoft AntiSpyware and youll be Up and running even Faster since you have that extra 256Ram in ;)

According to my knowledge there are 2 best Anti Virus Software
Which are

Norton Anti Virus
Macafee Anti Virus

normally norton anti virus takes an edge over macafee anti virus
considering their recent versions we can say that the Norton anti virus software is the best.

But besides all this we must know the manual removing techniques as well in case our Anti Virus Slips...
And talkingg about one i must give one too i assume but i expect few from many of you as well.

I would like to tell the effects and manual removing technique of a very common and irritating virus, that is HTML Redoff. First I would like to discuss its effects, HTML Redoff virus infects kernel32.dll file which is installed in your WINDOWS\SYSTEM directory in case you have Windows 98 and WINDOWS\SYSTEM32 directory in case you have Windows XP and all the .htm, .html, folder.htt and desktop.ini files on your PC thus it slows down your browsing and sometimes it even stops it and if you are viewing your desktop or folders as webpage then you will face the same problem in them also, that is, the globe of the explorer will keep on rotating and nothing will open.
Now how to remove it without much loss of data? Its very simple, first if all if you have kept any web page as your wall paper then remove it from there. Then all you have to do is to unhide all your files then search for folder.htt and desktop.ini files on your entire PC by Find Files And Folder and then delete all of them permanently. Restart your computer (you can do a direct shut down if you like as you already have to reinstall windows). Go to DOS mode (dont open windows till the process is completed otherwise these files will be regenerated) and delete kernel32.dll file. Now reinstall Windows in the same directory and run Windows. Run Anti virus to find the infected .htm and .html files, try to repair them, if the repair is unsuccessful then delete them as you dont have any other choice. Now your PC is repaired without much loss of data and you dont need to reinstall any application software of yours as you have not deleted your Windows. I hope all this would be very useful for all.

This will help for those who likes to know if they are using one of the best Anti-virus programs.
1. Platinum Internet Security 2005
2. PC-cillin Internet Security 2005
3. BitDefender Professional Edition
4. ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
5. F-Prot for Windows
6. Kaspersky Anti-Virus Personal
7. G Data AntiVirusKit 2005 (AVK)

Reference:
https://www.lifewire.com/top-windows-antivirus-153030

Edited by Salman Syed (see edit history)

My combination is Agnitum Outpost Pro 3.5 and Kaspersky Anti-Virus Personal because:

1. I'm russian

2. Kaspersky Anti-Virus Personal provide these features:

Premium Protection from Viruses and Spyware

PCs connected to the Internet are under constant attack by viruses, Trojans, Internet worms and other malware. Kaspersky? Anti-Virus Personal monitors all virus and spyware entry points leaving you with a clean and safe machine.

User friendly security

Kaspersky Anti-Virus Personal is easy to install and use. The easy to understand interface and automated functions make the program the right choice even for inexperienced computer users.

Two-tier email protection

Kaspersky Anti-Virus Personal scans all incoming and outgoing mail in real-time in all email applications. The program additionally checks all attachments, including zipped and archived files, embedded OLE objects, and detects viruses in mail databases.

Maximized scanning depth

Kaspersky Anti-Virus Personal detects viruses in over 1,300 compressed and archive file formats, and disinfects ZIP, ARJ, CAB, RAR, ICE and LHA files.

Free hourly updates

New malicious programs are constantly released by malware writers. Kaspersky Lab responds by releasing updates to antivirus databases every hour round-the-clock. Updates download automatically via the Internet to ensure that your computer is always armed to ward off new virus threats.

Support for laptops

Kaspersky Anti-Virus Personal ensures that laptops are always fully protected, even when they are not connected to the network. If the connection is interrupted during updating of antivirus databases, the partial updates are saved and the missing parts are automatically downloaded once the connection is re-established.

Round-the-clock technical support

Should you have any questions about viruses, spyware, or about installing and using Kaspersky Anti-Virus Personal, our customer support staff will answer them any time of the day or night

List of features copied from http://usa.kaspersky.com/store/kaspersky-store.

Zone Alarm is no doubt best as an Firewall but as an aniti virus i think Norton Anti Virus and mcafee Anti Virus are best as Anti virus softwares.

zone alarm is the best as i use it with avast and together there amazing bug if your router/modem comes with a firewall that good to

I am using "ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite" , it is nice infact , really nice , but it slows down my system speed.... :lol: that is why i never use any antivirus or any internet security suite :lol: .Because i know ' i am the best ' but nor really :lol:

CUrrently I am using avast. I know many people dont use it but it is real good. I am notifyed about infections on the dot becuase it checks what I am doing and scans it. Also I use Zone Alarm.