xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Dymonz

Something's Is Wrong With My Install File

I uploaded all of my files and I am sure that they all went through correctly. But when I went to the install file it didnt work seem to work so I checked it out and the file got uploaded but there is no text in the text file and I tried to delete it and then reuploaded but the same thing happened. I even tried editing the file and then put the text in manually but afterwards it always says page cannont be displayed then I reload the page and it says it saved but it doesn't.I dont know if I am doing something wrong or not

are you sure you are putting it all in the right area? when you upload them it should go into the www directory... or the public_html directory, im just checking >_<

The www directory (folder) is just an alias for the public_html directory (folder), so may as well put them into the public_html. Can you post an url and we'll see if that would help us to diagnose the problem. What type of file are you uploading, also? In order to have the page served on the web, the file is usually an 'html' or 'htm' extension. If you are trying to have a 'txt' file served to you, that may be the problem.If you are unsure of the URL (adress) of the file, post the domain or sub-domain name, the folder you believe the file to be in and the file name complete with the extension. Thanks.

I was able to write to the install.php file but then I got this page

Warning: main(./../includes/constants.): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/spike/public_html/forum/install/install.php on line 305

Warning: main(./../includes/constants.): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/spike/public_html/forum/install/install.php on line 305

Warning: main(): Failed opening './../includes/constants.' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/;) in /home/spike/public_html/forum/install/install.php on line 305

Warning: main(./../includes/functions.): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/spike/public_html/forum/install/install.php on line 306

Warning: main(./../includes/functions.): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/spike/public_html/forum/install/install.php on line 306

Warning: main(): Failed opening './../includes/functions.' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/;) in /home/spike/public_html/forum/install/install.php on line 306

Warning: main(./../includes/sessions.): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/spike/public_html/forum/install/install.php on line 307

Warning: main(./../includes/sessions.): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/spike/public_html/forum/install/install.php on line 307

Warning: main(): Failed opening './../includes/sessions.' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/;) in /home/spike/public_html/forum/install/install.php on line 307

Here is the url to the file:
http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

I check some more files and they are empty too...I think I should just re-upload everything...but I wonder why that happened
Notice from jlhaslip:
Long lists which add no valuable content to the Forum should be quoted. Thanks

Edited by jlhaslip (see edit history)

are you attempting to install a phpBB forum? or some other kind of forum? if it is a phpBB forum you should use the one that is in your fantastico page..it is simple and easy to set-up...but generally the error code that you are getting means that the file that it is looking for is not there.......if you are attempting to install an ooutside forum, maybe try uploading all the files over again...

So help us assist you by telling us what exactly are you trying to do here? Install What? Where?If we know what you are doing, we stand a better chance of helping you.