xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
JasperIk

When People Come An Invade Your Community On A Website

So on Livejournal i am part of a community ( i wont say what it is, because i might "offend" someone) and people who DON'T support what the community is about always come and bash us. But i was thinking, them coming to our community and bashing us for our opinions (though, could be seen as "mean") would be just like us coming to their community and bashing them for what they believe in. Just because our community is against something, doesn't make it bad. We aren't really bothering them by having it, they don't have to look at it. But they do, they go on it to complain about how horrible we are. But we don't go around bashing them for being for it. I mean is it so hard to stay out of a place you don't agree with? UGH! It's just so frustrating, we don't go on it to fight with people, we go on it to discuss our opinions.

Edited by JasperIk (see edit history)

Some people just like to be 'party-crashers'simply because they like to bash other people's opinions and fun.Very childish indeed, maybe there should be some kinda persmissions installed on that site wich prohibit them from seeing what you talk about. I know, especially if it's a public community, that is restricts the normal users as well, but with those bashers around, everyone's fun get spoiled :huh:

I think thats the really bad part of publically owned community forums things.... People can just do whatever they want and only people who do totally horrible things get banned. Thats why I love forums like Xisto bashers get banned because MODs always check the posts Keep up the good work guys :huh:

Some people are just ignorant and... special. The only way they know to express they're dislike for a subject is to put it down. I run a forum and while spammers aren't necessarily taking a stand and putting us down, they are wreaking havoc onto the forum. In our case, we protect ourselves by using image verification and timers to ensure that the forum is essentially "spam-proofed". Maybe you should try doing this to your community? In any event, good luck with keeping those people at bay.

Yea that happens a lot to me... But the funny thing is that they register and keep posting junk and spamming your board with un-needed stuff, and it pisses everyone off and annoys people and they get mad.. the report it and everything goes nuts :lol:. So by the time you get rid of them people are already upset and annoyed. Block em' good._____________Update_____________Added more context to the post, since I got warned for "spamming". Which I comment on something... no biggie.

Edited by MaineFishing45 (see edit history)

So on Livejournal i am part of a community ( i wont say what it is, because i might "offend" someone) and people who DON'T support what the community is about always come and bash us. But i was thinking, them coming to our community and bashing us for our opinions (though, could be seen as "mean") would be just like us coming to their community and bashing them for what they believe in. Just because our community is against something, doesn't make it bad. We aren't really bothering them by having it, they don't have to look at it. But they do, they go on it to complain about how horrible we are. But we don't go around bashing them for being for it. I mean is it so hard to stay out of a place you don't agree with? UGH! It's just so frustrating, we don't go on it to fight with people, we go on it to discuss our opinions.

In a way, I suppose it depends on what it is exactly your site believes in. Really they shouldn't be invading your site at all, but there are certain topics which just wind people up. I'm not making any assumptions, just saying it as I see it.

Some people think their opinion is important to everyone else in the world. So they post it wherever they feel like it, considering it valuable instead of unwanted. Some people think they know what everybody else should do and how they should live their lives. And they love to share their opinion of what they think is right.Some people may just do it because they've been having a bad day/week/life, and it's a way to vent a bit of their sour mood and unhappiness onto others. If they're not happy, they see no reason you should be left alone to be happy. Misery loves company.And some people just need to feel like they're superior to somebody else to have any worth. So they put other people down to make themselves feel better.Then there's just weird people out there who like to cause trouble because they think it's fun. And it makes them the center of attention, like they're important. As in the saying "any attention is better than no attention at all". Then there's people that want to do something but feel trapped and can't. Like being stuck in a dead end job and wanting to quit, but not daring to. So they knock anyone else that seems to have the nerve to not give in and conform to what everybody else wants. They feel trapped into conforming, so they think everybody else should conform too.And have you ever considered anybody with a computer and internet access can get on and go post wherever they please? Even if they're a mental case, or a total loser. I've read some prisons have internet access for the inmates. Maybe mental institutions have it too.Just ban their IPs. Maybe require a membership to post, then you can cancel the membership. You could set up a section where you just moved all the bad posts, call it the trash can, or dung heap or whatever. When they see their posts keep ending up there, maybe they'll go pick on some little kids, old people, or the handicapped for their kicks.

Mmm... I guess with LiveJournal, you can make the community "Members Only", with only the first post open to the public, for people who want to join, but... I guess that doesnt stop them from joining for long enough to make a bad post. Also kind of keeps out the anonymous users... sometimes those people have good input, even if they don't have a name ^^;