xisto Community
E-Sector

Fps Creator Have you created a level or game?

I recently bought FPS creator from http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ (really easy to use, but it can take its time:P)
ANd I wonder: Do you have the program? IF yes, have you created a level (wich you can share to me)? Or hav eyou created a whole game? It would be fun to test each others games! (Currently, I am working with a WW2 (world war two) game and would be glad to get some more maps (it take its time to construct levels).

//THanks.

hi man..i havent done anthing with it since i have just realized things like it existed thanx to you, i am downloading it and crete something meantime i dont think someone wants to give us some levels or characters for free dont you think?

I hate those stupid game creation programs and people who use them and think that they are a "game maker"... I'm sure you don't act like that but I am evil so I have no choice but to insult you :PTry to model your own level in maya, or cinema 4d, or 3d studio, and code physics and all of the important stuff in c++ and bring your code and models together with opengl. Not as easy as your little program now is it?

FPS Creator isnt all that greatFps Creator

That FPS Game Creator, is cool to play around with, but if your seriosly gonna spend money on it, that's a really big waste, and if you realse your game, to the world using that software its not gonna last longer then 2 days. If I were you, Id spend the money you were planning on spending on that software, to go and buy a C++ Book, and learn how to program in C++. Since C++ Is the most widely and one of the most powerful Programming languages, it would be much more worth while to go make your games in C++. Alternativly, You can just go sparx.Heliohost.Org and go download his game. Its still pretty basic (Pre-Alpha) but its what C++ Is all about, He made everything 100% by him self, didnt use any one else's models and has everything going, not to mention really nice looking forums lol. I found that not only playing his Pre-Alpha game is way more fun then playing some fake game, but you can get in early, and actully be popular on his game, as its bound to become big, as he hosts his own server, and builds his own models and stuff (yet he cant afford a decent .Com website lol). Just my suggestion though for Getting some Real FPS Creator going.-reply by Anonymous

I don't really think you bought it :). Ok, maybe. But the software is some extreme bad stuff. Lies all around the site how it's so easy to make your own models and stuff. First of all, it's difficult to add your own model in the 'game'. They all must be in .x 3D filetype, and I couldn't find one good 'free' software which converts .3ds(3DS Max default exporting type) to .x models. Also, even though the game costs $500(I think), they still sell model packs! Like they haven't got enough money with it. The enemies in the game are very stupid. After a whole day waste of time, I couldn't put my own logo to the game, even though it seemed 'so easy'. FPS Creator is full of stupid stuff. I must admit I liked how the weapons, the camera and lighting were made, so it makes it a good engine, but it would of been so much better to script in it by yourself. They should of just made a better-looking version of DarkGDK(which I think was also developed by TheGameCreators).And I think that you must buy a license(a few actually) if you want to sell your game(s), so it makes FPSCreator a waste of time and money.