xisto Community
BuffaloHelp

Swastika Shaped Building In San Diego by design or accident its interesting

By design or accident, it's a momentary eye opening moment when you look at this image that Google map has captured. Click here to see for yourself.

Sometimes the best method that a man can think of ends up twisted than what it should be perceived as. Just keep in mind that this may have been some architectural planning and not to promote you know what. But then again, on the ground level you would never know if it shaped like that. So there might be a hidden agenda.

USA (RETAIL PRICE APPROX. US$ 4 )

Whoa! I will wait for the chinese market to produce its duplicate.. LOL!

The two darker arms look like they were built in one piece each. The lighter arms look like they were built as two pieces each. Presumably, the lighter areas are older, and the roof has faded more in the sun. I don't think the building was built as a swastika from the beginning. I think they put on additions until it came out as a swastika. But there's no way they just go out and build additions at random in the US, let alone CA. They have stricter housing codes because of earthquakes. The architect and whoever approved the plans at the company that owns it, and the building inspectors certainly would have looked at the blueprints long enough to realize it's a swastika. It couldn't just happen by accident, without the owner (or whoever approved the plans for him) realizing what shape it was. If anybody knows how to find out what the building is used for, please post it here. I'm curious.

I think the architect has the swastika in mind when building this premise. After all, the swastika has been around for thousands of years well before the crux, the star of David, and the crescent were born. There is absolutely no reason why the architect, which may well be a Hindu or Buddhist, should not want to build this building in society as diverse as the United States and especially in California. Do you notice the ?dots? inside the building? They seem particularly similar to those of the swastika in wikipedia, hinting that the architect is more likely be a Hindu then a Buddhist. Personally, I don?t see any reason why the symbol is such a taboo in the so-called western world. Even if the party of the Third Reich did use it as their symbol, they could not rob the symbol away from world.

I do see why the symbol is taboo in the western world. Whatever meanings the symbol had in the past have forever been replaced. As for the building, it appears to be four buildings with a sort of courtyard in the middle. But someone along the line had to have caught on to what was going on with the shape.Interesting edit- I've looked up what is in that area and it seems that it is a US naval base. Can that possibly be right? :huh:

Edited by brandice (see edit history)

I would like to know who built the building and how old the building is...pretty interesting find but I wouldn't be surprised if other building formations resembeled a similar shape. I wouldn't think it was intentional, but hey, who knows...

So far, I haven't been able to find anything about this building, but I believe that it really is a part of a Naval base. So, if anyone finds themselves at 32 40'34.09" N, 117 09'27.96 W be sure to look it up.

It indeed is apart of a US Naval Base. It is designated Naval Amphibious Base (NAB) Coronado. This portion of the island was created (and yes I mean created) in 1943 when the harbor was dredged to allow for larger ships. The base was commissioned in 1944. It is used to train navy SEALS and is the only amphibious base on the West Coast. Other than that, I have no further information.

I think everyone should read this http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ and check out some of the links. It explains what the building is, and where its location. Also its really is aligned to North and matches the swastika perfecty? What were we thinking when we built that building? Was it a joke against Germany?

i seriously doubt hat his is the only swastika shaped building to be found in the world.

Was it a joke against Germany?

i don't see why this should be considered to be a 'joke against germany' when the symbol was used by the germans but is actually a symbol used by cultures originating from india. Fair enough, when aligned to true north, it does almost perfectly align with the nazi orientation of the swastika, but i don't think its really a big deal, just a building. if you were inside the building, it would probably look right, and i think thats all the designer was concerned about.

The origin of the �Swastica� dates back to Neolithic times, see http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

It is a shame that this ancient symbol was shanghaied by the Nazi�s, ditto for the SS badge that really depicts two Sig runes. The gays pulled a similar trick by hijacking the rainbow as their flag, I can think of numerous other examples. To me personally the original meanings are quintessential, not the expropriated versions. By giving in that this is truly a Nazi symbol one concedes that they have been successful, I think that we have to wrestle it back.PWM-paul mast