xisto Community

Xfire  

9 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hi I play alot of games on my computer, thats why I use Xfire. I used to use MSN for messaging other people on the internet but i bet everyone knows how anoying it is when you are in the middle of a full screen game and a MSN window pops up and recks the whole game, well with Xfire on most games it has a feature that makes a little note apear in the bottom right of the game telling you that someone has sent you a message and toreply to it you just need to push "Scrl Lk + X" and then a message box appears IN the game.Another great feature of Xfire is that it will track all the time you play games and anytime you want to no how long you have played each game for just look at your profile and it will tell you.The third feature that i like about Xfire is that you can download trials of games and game updates from it.I think Xfire is the best messenger and i wold sugest that all gamers would get it :rolleyes:

Xfire has its advantages and some minuses comparing to other programs of the same sort. I just installed it yesterady and pretty much I enjoy using it. It offers many features that can't be found in any other messengers. First of all, I like the idea with monitoring time spent playing games. My friend couldn't believe the amount of time spent playing rpgs, after he installed xfire. So now he has to cut it off :rolleyes: I also like that the program supports skins, and even offers skin-making tutorials to make your own. Another thing is filesharing... looks pretty nice - don't have to look for stuff on internet - just search on xfire! Now talking about minuses: personally I absolutely hated the friend's friends list. I was wondering if it is possible to delete it, because I couldn't find the delete option. Looked to me very annoying to have whole bunch of unknown people in you list and not be able to delete it. Another thing is that xfire takes some decent piece of inetrnet bandwidth. as I'm on a budget 128Kb/s line, sometimes you can feel the slowdown of the internet becauuse of xfire.

Yea i agree it does take up alot of bandwith. If you want to get rid of all the freinds of riends you will need to block every person in the freinds of friends list manually. To block a person right click on the person you want to block and you will see a block option. Another problem that i have just found is that the game time can be up to 12 hours behind before it is recorded on the profile. Also it is amazing how on the first scan of your pc xfire finds all these games you dont even no you have on your pc :huh:

Hello, I just started looking at Xfire. Looks really nice. Is the slow down really that bad? Also, a few games I play aren't on that list. Mainly Shattered Galaxies. That makes me quite sad... though I'm still going to try it out. Only because minimizing in MapleStory is annoying.