xisto Community
SoCalAztec

Xbox 360 Vs. Playstation 3 The good and bad about each

I am currently using an original XBOX and i'm looking to buy a new one.......I love my XBOX but i'm hearing some bad things about the 360 and i'm hearing that Playstation 3 could be outta this world. Does anyone know the good and bad about each of these systems so that i can make a better decision.....either to buy the 360 or wait for the PS3.....I personally love the XBOX because when playing sports games the graphics are head and shoulders above all the other systems.......i don't know if 360 holds the same characteristics

A question like this will only lead to fanboy wars at the moment... Wait for the ps3 to come out and then wait to see how the games look there (the demos at E3 were done on PCs and not actual ps3s)Personally, the ps3 will see more japanese made games than the 360. If you like sports games, your best bet will be the 360, but still wait it out to see.

yea definitely fanboy wars, ignore those, they are very annoying. Some things are better about each. Depending on the games overall, playstations are usually better, power xbox, the controller winner is the new xbox not ps3 mos of the time, ps3 will be the first to have blue ray discs, way better than dvds like xbox 360 and nintendo revolution will have. I guess the screen resolution is going to be better for ps3, the xbox 360 overall will have the better overall system when it comes to power, graphics, etc. but only by a tad. For default color, ps3s silver is way better than the ugly white on the 360, ps3 is a little smaller, still not even close to the revolution though. would you rather a disc tray slide out? (xbox 360) or would you rather have like a cool compact slot for the cd (ps3 and revolution I believe). But yeah I agree with lacking_imagination. I think it's the games that count more, who cares about the console, wait to see the games.

If you have to choose between PS3 and XBOX360, I base my decision on a number of things.Games - Which one has better games that appeal to your liking?Cost - Are you looking for a console that is cheap, or are you willing to spend a lot of money?Graphics - If you really want a console, I would at least glance at this topic.Competition - Is there ANY other console that is better?Power - Self explanatory.Screen Resolution - Don't want it to be blurry, do we?Online Capabilities - XBOX has XBOX Live...what will PlayStation have?But it's still your choice...I would choose the XBOX360 on a count of the money, because I would buy an iPod video on the side with the spare money that I didn't spend on the PS3. But that's ONLY my decision... :lol:

to keep it safe from fanboy wars (wishes he could find the link again)Stats wise the ps3 will be better if they deliver the stats they say they are going to. The link I was looking for was an actual Microsoft Rep for the 360 that stated that the ps3 will beat them out if they deliver the specs as well. Probably doesn't have his job anymore either lol.I myself am a Sony fan and will be, each game that comes out on the market now a days comes out for all systems with the exception of one or 2 games for each system so that is what you need to keep your eye on i guess. Is which system is going to have the "exclusive" to which system.

Both the xbox 360 and the ps3 are good consoles, however the xbox 360 has so many bugs right now, it's not funny. The xbox 360 is not even a full next-gen console, the ps3 and revolution are going to be much faster and are going to have way better gaming capabilities.

oh, ho ho! you need to find out what you like, man! if ya like racin' games, go wit the 360 for PGR3. if ya like shootin' games, get the ps3 for killzone 2. killzone 2 was a hit with ps2, because i own that game, it has a great story, some twists, and i cant wait for kz2. pgr n' pgr2 were great sellers with xbox. but since i like both shooting and racing games...IM STUCK ALSO, so u decide wat games ya like.

Like I said, the xbox 360 has too many bugs so i'm not going to get it. The PS3 hasn't come out yet, so I don't know of it's bugs. If bothe the ps3 and 360 have bugs, i'll get a Revolution.

I am currently using an original XBOX and i'm looking to buy a new one.......I love my XBOX but i'm hearing some bad things about the 360 and i'm hearing that Playstation 3 could be outta this world. Does anyone know the good and bad about each of these systems so that i can make a better decision.....either to buy the 360 or wait for the PS3.....I personally love the XBOX because when playing sports games the graphics are head and shoulders above all the other systems.......i don't know if 360 holds the same characteristics

I was talking to one of my friends and he heard that the reason tht they r waiting to release PS3 is becasue the graphics are gunna be so good they have not found a good enough programs to make the games yet. they are supposed to look like real life not jus a bunch of shapes that are put together. he makes games in school and he takes him about 30minutes per character in ps2 quality but when he says it would take him like a week because all the characters will be hand drawn b4 they are added to the game to make them personalized i personally think that u should wait for ps3

I always prefer ps over xbox. Like sony over microsoft, so I will have to go with the ps3. Even though it didn't come out yet, I'm sure its going to be better than xbox360 since the 360 still has so many bugs like image freeze and sudden shutdown. Since ps3 is coming out next year, I hope theres more games and technology included in the ps3

My husband is the editor for a gaming magazine here in New Zealand so gets a lot of inside info. My best advice is to wait for the PS3 to come out. My husband says that so long as the PS3 comes out with all the things they say it will they will both be roughly equal. The 360 has a better video card but if Sony manage to get the cell chip to work, then the PS3 will have a better processor. The pros and cons of both are offset by eachother but that is only IF the PS3 comes out with all they say it will which, in both my husbands and my opinion, is unlikely to happen. For one, Sony is having major problems getting their cell chip and blue ray technology to work properly. As it currently stands they are either going to have to put back the release date or release the PS3 without those technologies making it inferior to the 360. Secondly, Ken Kutaragi (the CEO of Sony Computer Entertainment) has a long history of exaggerating the Playstation's features - take for example all the hype about the PS2's Emotion Engine (and the supposed Toy Story like graphics) that turned out to be a comple load of crap. Ken is also reknowned for saying wierd and wonderful things like:

The PS3 is not a game machine

I believe we made the most beautiful thing in the world. Nobody would criticize a renowned architect?s blueprint that the position of a gate is wrong. It?s the same as that

With the PS3, our intentions have been to create a machine with supercomputer calculation capabilities for home entertainment

PS3 is ?for consumers to think to themselves ?I will work more hours to buy one?. We want people to feel that they want it, irrespective of anything else

Which brings me to my next point. The Blue-ray technology is pinned at costing $500 alone so unless Sony is planning on losing a LOT of money, the PS3 is going to be more expensive than the 360.

Wait till the PS3 comes out to see what it will and won't have before making any definitive statements. Consoles are sold on their games anyway, so go with whatever has the most games you like. As for what we will be doing - both of course!

Hmmm, I played Xbox, and I don't really like it.. so I personally prefer Sony. But I'm naturally a Ninten person, so I really got no say in this.

All I know about the X-box 360 is...That it runs on a tri-core (3 core) processor, with A slightly better graphics card thenthe original X-box, and lately most of them have been burning out.andThe only thing I know about the PlayStation 3 is...That it is planed to run on an octo-core ( 8 core) processor, and issaid that it is going to out proform the X-box 360 by two to threetimes.So I am just going to sit back and wait to see how each of them dointel I decide to buy one for my self. even thoght I don't game much,I normal end up with all the new systems anyways.

Edited by Yin-Yang (see edit history)

Yin-Yang, you sound like a fanboy. Octo-core?! Seriously! It's cell chip technology (and only has SEVEN, not eight cores) and if Sony can actually get it to work (which they haven't as yet) then yes it will out perform the 360's triple-core Xenon (the Xenon may only have three but they are more powerful), the 360 has twice the active memory on access than the PS3 meaning better framerates on the 360, the PS3 has twice the amount of teraflops than the 360 which means better graphical processing of floating point operations, the PS3 can output a higher resolution but there are very few tvs that can actually support this, the 360 has better online capability... If you didn't understand much of that then please don't talk tech-speak like you know what you are talking about and say that one is better than the other, because you quite obviously have your facts wrong.Also Sony is having major problems with their Blu-ray technology and it's looking like the PS3 will ship without it. Not to menation of course that the 360 is easier to program for meaning that developers will be better able to take advantage of the 360s capabilities. As it currently stands the 360 is here now and the PS3 is still smoke and mirrors.Now if your thinking that I am an Xbox freak, think again - I used to be a total Playstation nut and thought the Xbox was crap. That was until we got one and I had to begrudgingly admit that the Xbox was better than the PS2. We currently have 2 Xboxs, a PS2, a Dreamcast, a Nintendo DS and a PSP. They all have their good and bad aspects.It's stupid to go on about one over the other - consoles are sold on their games.All you Fanboys out there, leave your opinions off until the PS3 comes out and then try them both before you condemn one or the other.