xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
xavierrd

Could Not Connect To 2wire, Wireless With a HP ze4400

Hi every one. This is a brief story of something that happened to me a couple days ago. I have a ze4400 laptop, and a 2Wire router, wich can be accessed by USB, ethernet and wireless connections. I first connected my lap to the router usin ethernet and configured everything to work like that, I found the router registered my lap's name. I did so, because I couldn't get my lap to detect the router wireless signal. So I did this:1-Downloaded the newest driver. Didn't solve it2- Downloaded a tool to manage the wireless connectio. Finally my lap detected the router's signal!! :) 3- Now I found I couldn't use the connection :D I changed the channel, changed signal strenght, changed as many parameters as I could in desperation. :rolleyes: Just about being defeated :angry: I tried one last thing. Changed the name of the computer. :angry: I didn't know and guessed it could be of importance, but suddenly I was checking my email and all that things using my wireless connection :angry: I found that in no tutorial or guide. I find that kinda weird. Someone knows where I could find something that explains that??

When you say

I found I coudln't use the connection

do you mean your laptop was connected to the router via wireless but cannot access to the internet or completely not connected to the router at all?
It sounds like your laptop was not renewing or resolving IP from your router. Have you tried accessing Network Connections > double click your network > Support tab > Repair button?

Another way is to ping your router, i.e. command prompt > ping 192.168.1.1 (or whatever your router's IP address) and see if it returns with a time value. You can manually reset your IP address of your machine by Command prompt > ipconfig /release then ipconfig /renew.

I don't understand your question. Is your problem solved and you are asking why does it happen this way, or your problem is unsolved.Also, what is your 2Wire modem/router model number?

I had the same problem with the same modem my lapop never find the wireless connection, I has used wireless on it once and it never worked after :S so I don't really understand I rang up bt to use it that one time but then it never worked after that phone call?! I don't know the ip website address to get the configuration page up.-reply by charlotte

I have had this problem

Could Not Connect To 2wire, Wireless

Replying to xavierrd

Our 2 Wire's wireless hardly ever works. It will only work if only wireless computers try to conecto to it. If a computer using ethernet connects to it, the wireless shuts off. Don't go to customer support because they don't help. Try setting it to scan for wirless computers longer. Where you would type in a website type http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ and change you sttings to last longer than it does.

Linksys Wireless G WPC54GS will connect to access point but not the internet

Could Not Connect To 2wire, Wireless

I'm having a problem with my Linksys Wireless G Network Adapter. It will connect to the access point but not to the internet. Does anyone have any suggestions?

-reply by Laurie Richards

I think I had the same issue today.

I am running Windows  Vista 64bit and have been connected to my current router without problems for several months.

Today when I turn on my computer my computer is suddenly trying to connect to a different network or rather my networks name with a 2 added afterwards.

Anyway I tried all kinds of things, restarting my router, reinstalling all network and wireless drivers, disabling my IPv6 checking with my ISP to make sure it wasn't their problem.

Then I started fumbling with my router settings and  in there I renewed the DHCP and afterwards I was able to connect to my wireless network without any problems.

ya changing the name cured mine some quirk from 2 wire modems I guess I did that then it was fine I also changed wep key too. Hope this helps you...

I have an ATT DSL line with a wired motorola modem. I purchased a 2 wire "wireless" router modem to give me more freedom in my house to move around with my computer.

When I went through the installation CD steps I go to the final step which was registration and the last step failed. I understand ATT wants to charge an additional fee to use the 2 wire in my home, but I am looking for a way to install the router/ modem without registrating it with ATT.

Can you help ?

-reply by ralph fitzgerald

Thank you!!!Could Not Connect To 2wire, Wireless

I know you posted this a few years ago, so I doubt you look here anymore. I just wanted to say THANK YOU! I have had the same problem and was about ready to pull my hair out. I ready your post and it totally fixed my problem. Thank you!!

-reply by Ashley

Two Routers on the same networkCould Not Connect To 2wire, Wireless

Hi, I have a NetGear router which is my primary and a Thomson router which I just want to sue to connect another device through its Ethernet connection in another part of the room (it cannot connect wirelessly)

I have managed to turn off the dhcp server on the Thomson router, but I cannot be seen on my network. Pls, what else do I have to do?. Also if I connect the Thomson router to the phone line it brings my network down even though dhcp has been turned off.

Thanks in advance.

-reply by John

vista-laptop not working..wirlessCould Not Connect To 2wire, Wireless

I recently switched my internet provider to bell and I went to "connect to.." and I see I'm connected with the status bar, but when I go to a website, I have no internet what so everso, basically, it says I'm connected with full bar-excellent..But I cant go to any sites or play any games

help please

-reply by jamie

2WIRE wireless cannot be detectedCould Not Connect To 2wire, Wireless

My 2WIRE wireless network cannot be detected. Actually, this happened a couple of times before. But I was able to solve it (Open Network Settings--> right click on wireless icon ---> select 'repair'.) Then, I could see the messages such as 'the network is acquiring new IP address', 'connecting to wireless network'..Etc. [P.S. My PC is Windows XP]However, the problem is persisted this time. I wasn't able to find even the network. When I refresh the network list, I can't find my network setting. My sisters are facing the same problem too. However, the desktop computer which is connected to the wireless device (I don't know what it is..It's said MIO box on it..) is working. However, all the laptops which are connected via wireless cannot detect the wireless connection.I don't know what to do. We all can barely use computer for assignments, web browsing and opening Youtube.HELP!...

-question by mthienp khine

2WIRE wireless cannot be detectedCould Not Connect To 2wire, Wireless<p>My 2WIRE wireless network cannot be detected. Actually, this happened a couple of times before. But I was able to solve it (Open Network Settings--> right click on wireless icon ---> select 'repair'.) Then, I could see the messages such as 'the network is acquiring new IP address', 'connecting to wireless network'..Etc. [P.S. My PC is Windows XP]However, the problem is persisted this time. I wasn't able to find even the network. When I refresh the network list, I can't find my network setting. My sisters are facing the same problem too. However, the desktop computer which is connected to the wireless device (I don't know what it is..It's said MIO box on it..) is working. However, all the laptops which are connected via wireless cannot detect the wireless connection.I don't know what to do. We all can barely use computer for assignments, web browsing and opening Youtube.HELP!... </p><p>-question by mthienp khine</p>

Bring the modem to 2wire and change. It means your modem is dying... 76 Playfair Road #06-03 LKH2 Bldg

The short term workaround is to change the SSID and WEP or WPA key and reboot the MIO box. I used to use Starhub and find it's better so much such issue with the Motorola Modem. The MIO Box is dying on me nearing 1 year of usage!