xisto Community
adly3000

Which Control Panel? choosing your control panel

i like CPanel, i think it's easy , handsom, and contains alot of tools which is configured easily with it. also CPanel has alot of versions. i worked with amaizing versions which attract you...so you know choosing your control panel is not easy.so whcih one do u prefer to use and what is its best features which makes you choosing it?

I love cpanel, too. Every option you need to administer your site is right there for you in an easy to understand (and neat) format/design. To answer your question, if I had a control panel to use, I think I'll choose cpanel above the rest because of its user friendly interface. I would also choose it because I've had a really good experience with it at Xisto.

hi all!..i like cPanel as well but dont forget other panels that not beacause they are different, they are useless i mean products such as Cube Panel, ensim and DirectAdmin just for mentioning some.:By the way, Do you think we can suggest to the trap 17 admin to include some other scripts in fantastico?

spy_cahrly; i agree Xisto.com fantastico needs more scripts, ihope if its allowed to install a new scripts, but you can install them manually without fantastico, i installed oscommerce manually,but you need the source then you should follow the install instructions.

i don't have much experience with hosting or paid hosting. .so i have a question.. So far.. i know that about cpanel (after getting my free hosting at Xisto)....and it works great.. .but does aother hosting provider have something similar?.. like for example... Yahoo paid hosting. i might have to design a site for a bussiness so i need to know this. .so it will be less work for me =P.. AHHAHAand yes i do agree that fantasico needs more scripts and they need to update their scripts.. .alot of the scripts are older version.. which mean you have to update right after you install it.. .and it might take a while for 56k like me to update because i have to upload a large file. another thing i don't like about fantasico is that.. sometime when installing a script using fantasico.. it doesn't work as well if you were to manually install it by yourself..

DogEater008: yes every hosting provider have a control panel, but it's not always CPanel. like Yahoo which provide yahoo builder, i tried it.but it a mess.it's enough to say that there is no fantastico in it, while some providers provide you fantastico with 48 script.you should know fantasico is not the same, it always differs in its contained scripts amount and there versions.sometime when installing a script using fantasico.. it doesn't work as well..because some hosting providers forget to see the script requirements. like oscommerce which require register_globals to be on.alot of hosting providers make it of in the php installtion so it does not work.so you should install your scripts manually.and you can always upload the latest version of any script, even it is not available on the fantastico.

I've used a few control panels before like plesk and ensim and a few that were custom made and out of all of them I think that cpanel is the best one out there because it's the easiest to use, has the most useful features, has a nice interface, doesn't take much time to figure out how to use a tool and information is clearly presented in a way that is easy to understand.

cPanel is probably the most commonly used Control Panel thing. lol. Its easy to use and lots of people know how to use it. So cPanel is gonna be used because of how many are familiar with it and have used it. Web Hosts don't try and make you have a hard time with cpanels and that kinda stuff. They want it to be as easy as they can get it for you so that they get paid and that person comes back along with everyone else.

I love cPanel. When I have been looking for hosts in the past, I've tried finding ones that used cPanel. My first encounter with it was 000k3.com, which was a garbage host, but they at least they had cPanel (needless to say thet don't exist anymore). Now I've grown with cPanel, and have experienced many of it's themes, Fantastico and other parts of it. The only other control panel I really like is the 1&1 Control Panel, which is very consistent throughout the site, although Plesk is pretty nice too.

Edited by michaelper22 (see edit history)

Ive seen another control panel (forgot what its called) and Cpanel is waaaaaaaaaaaaay better. Its just easy to figure out. Withe that other panle took me half an hour to find the directory your site needs to be in... And images wont show...