xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
LolliPop

Depression

What gender get's depressed the most?  

22 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I was wondering if you guys could help me out for a second. I'm doing a oral in heatlh class about Depression and according to the infomation I found more women become depressed then men. There's a 2 to 1 ratio.So I was wondering if that was true. So if you have ever had sometime of mood disorder could you answer male or female.Thanks

Well, they say as intelligence goes up, happiness tends to go down...So many bimbos at my school though... Hrmm..I personally don't/can't answer this, as everyone goes through depression. (Even Jesus, I mean... after being whipped, how would you feel?)

Apparently from my own observations, women seem more prone to depression than men. I'm no expert on the subject, but I have found this to be true. I could go on without end about why I think this happens, but like I said, I'm no expert. Just chalk it up to yes, you're correct.

Well it is statistically true woman are more prone to depression but what throws a ball curve to make men more depressed then women is PTSD especially after coming back from a war zone. Right now almost every solider thats been to Iraq or Afghanistan have been diagnosed with PSTD, especially soldiers on the front lines like infantry and tankers. It all depends on the situation that a person is placed in and so in some situations women will be in the dominate group or men would be in a dominate group of having a bad case of depression.

Alot of people would say women, but i think that alot of men get depressed as well. they might not show it, or it can even be overlooked because men are "tough" and no one worrys about that kind of thing with guys

Hm... The men are considered as the more workful gender, and who works more, experiences more. So I think the men should be more depressed.Also if you study... I get depressed often when go to the exams :) And I think the girls are more resistible to the school challenges.

Edited by ZaM0 (see edit history)

Sorry to say but you wont be getting an accurat result cause theres nothing to say that Females get more depressed then Males. People always assume thats how it is because girls can be more emoitonal then guys and they cry more and blah blah blah, but that doesnt prove anything. Alot of Teenage guys get depressed about girls and dating and just because some of them dont show it doesnt prove that it isnt there. So this whole survey thing about who gets more depressed, its probally not the best thing you could have picked. Yeah you can hand it in anways according to the results you get on here but honestly it wont do you anygood on getting the information, but it will get you a mark so good luck with your findings and you should post them on here when your finished because i am interested in what you might find.

Aparrently the best way to revive from despression is good bed rest and a nice walk in the park. Laughter is the purest of ways.Also in some news reports anti-despressions tablets (pescribed or not) do not work. Well they MAY only work in the most severity of cases.When ever i watch comedy shows im not depressed.

Men get depressed more often, but....1) They are too manly to show it...2) They get over it quickly...3) Men are quite shallow so they get sad more often..... Women get depressed over a single thing and then they brood over it until it explodes in their face and finally asks for help cuz they think they are a nuisance if they ask for help......Jeez, all men want to do is to help but keeping those things from them and then finding out later hurts more but of course men just focus on making women happy, ne?

This probably isn't the most accurate way to find out as you could just have more females viewing the post so the results might skew in that way. I think in general females do get more depression.Post natal depression is a big one and affects many women. It's an interesting topic though~

life is full of ups and downs and the down times are the ones which stay for long. These down times interefere with our ability to function properly. One of these psychological disorder is depression. The depression results into fatigue sleep problems and appetite problems. The mood of a person gets affected and he/she feels sadness, hopelessness emptiness etc. it effects how one thinks also interfering concentration and decision making. Overall the behavior changes to irritability, temperred and social withdrawl and less active works of pleasure.Women are twice likely to be affected by depression and it is important that women are aware as to how to prevent depression and if such a situation arises, she must be able to handle the situation well.

Men get depressed more often, but....1) They are too manly to show it...
2) They get over it quickly...
3) Men are quite shallow so they get sad more often.....

Women get depressed over a single thing and then they brood over it until it explodes in their face and finally asks for help cuz they think they are a nuisance if they ask for help......

Jeez, all men want to do is to help but keeping those things from them and then finding out later hurts more but of course men just focus on making women happy, ne?

I really like Unknown's rational of his (?) reasoning behind thinking men get more depression. I do think women get depressed more, but he sure makes a good argument for the guys.
I have spells of depression, but I have learned to recognise them for what they are. My big two are worry about paying the bills, and the other thing that sends me over the edge is biological, it is simply the lack of sunshine. I HATE cloudy, rainy days.