xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
BOAW

I Hate Registry Mechanic =(

i used this stupid prg n i wus cleanin or compactin my registry keys or w.e n when i had to restart after it wus done the desktop wudnt load up nemore....nothing wus working it sucked booty so i had to lose ALL of my file music pictures progs n videos n perform the system recovery =(

Heyya. Three things that you might mean in your message and how to overcome these problems.1. Do you mean that you did System Restore? Coz system restore shouldn't mess up ur music n pictures. What you can do is run a search and look for those files. They should still be there.2. Even if you mean that you actually formatted it (an over reaction i believe, considering your problem) you can still find tons of programs around that can look for the files that you formatted. Usually, formatting just means that the computer deleted the indexing of the files, and not the actual data itself. It's akin to the computer having a map that shows where every file is. When you do a format, you just lose the map, and not the actual buildings. If you use certain programs, you should be able to get most of the buildings (data) back again (except for the ones you wrote over...).3. Anyways, if you havent done either, try running the computer in safe mode and turn on registry mechanic again. If it made a back-up, then you should be able to use the back-up to fix everything perfectly again. Hope this helps.

As most of these programs advise, along with Microsoft, always make a backup of your registry before attempting any editing etc.Try Googling "recovery software" or something similar. You might have to pay for it if you want one that works well. When you format the computer never removes the data, just ignores it.If you did a system recovery from a disk provided by the manufacturer then it will most likely have loaded a clean install of Windows from a partition, and formatted the hard drive. Try a recovery program or take the PC to a shop. They can generally recover data, but at a price.

I agree, I too used registry mechanic cause it was advertised every where. I also had the same problem as you! I did the stupid registry optimizer thing and my pc restarted agian! Then it went to the scandisk and wil not lod the login screen or anything! So all I got to say to all the people out thereDONT USE THIS SOFTWARE :D:):angry::) YOU CAN USE IT IF YOU WANT TO LOOSE ALL YOUR DOCUMENT AND SAY BYE!!!Bye!