xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
ManOfSTEEL

Broadband Internet Connection Restriction Prompt user for username and password

I have broadband internet connection and DI-704P router, Right now all users can connect to the internet. Is there any possible ways to make the internet connection be password protected? user must supply their username and password first to connect to internet. Is this possible?Tnx for any suggestion and tips :)

yep it can be pasword protected BUT your broadband router MUST be connected directly to your server or the computer that provides the internet.Next step is to download a proxy server a very useful one (the one i use) is Proxy Plus or Proxy+.Connect your router to your lan modem (the modem that belongs to the computer the ISP's modem is connected).Now configure Proxy+ with password protected configuration and users and just let it go.... hope it helps buddy

question.

Broadband Internet Connection Restriction

My internet connection show me Local area 7 connected but I have only one Lan card and I'm not able to connect to internet. Please help me out. What is the problem and cause?

-reply by lucky

how to password create from broadband service

I m using starhub broadband service,nothing have any user id,but internet is working proper,I want make password for internet

But now no ip address given from service provider,

-question by kannan

Net protect by password

Replying to ManOfSTEEL

Hey, you can use the INetProt, it sets a password for using the internet without affecting LAN, also you can set a variety of parameters to allow or restrict acces to internet partially or totally. It certainly must be what you're looking 4. Best regards...

-reply by Adri