xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Albus Dumbledore

Ftp Account Access Permission Can Only Access Created Directory?

k well, on my site i created an FTP account for someone, but they can only access the specified directory i make...but if i want to make it to where they can access eevrything..how do i do it? i tryed just leaving the directory field blank but it says it is required

I'm new at FTP, but I may be able to help you. Possibly, one way that you could do it is to add a / in the directory box (JUST a /). I've not tried that yet, but it should give the user access to the entire public_html directory. (However, access to everything in the /home/you/ folder cannot be granted that I know of, if that is what you're looking for).

Granting access to the root directory is dangerous. However, if you are going to trust that person or group that much to give permission to access your root directory, just simply give your current password. It's going to be the same anyway--setting up another FTP account that has the same permission as yours.

ok, well this topic was a long time ago, and with Hamtaro's psot it worked..just fine and it gave them access to the root directory, or in my words ALL of the files! thanx for the help, issue solved, may be closed or deleted!