xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Zythrix

Money Is Evil : The Thing I Hate Most. Money is the center of all problems

Social status is silly when it is effected by wealth. You have to ask yourself "What is the point to social status?" My personal answer is acceptance; I want to be accepted and cared about by others. This is where social status determined exclusively by wealth is ridiculous. If others claim to care and accept you based on your wealth, is that really the sort of care and acceptance you want? It certainly is not for me. It saddens me that society, particularly in the western world, looks up to those who have amassed obscene quantities of money.Money is almost humourous at the level it is anymore. Whereas money was once backed up by gold (and sometimes silver) in many nations, it is now exclusively the trust and consensus of the people. Therefore, the money many of us use is literally worthless slips of paper--it has no alternate tangible value. While gold did aid to some extent in controlling inflation and deflation of the currency, the populace was able to withdraw gold at any point in time, which could cause (and did cause) economic panics, such as the Great Depression in America. It makes me almost miss the old bartering economies, if they weren't so ineffecient. You really can't have inflation with sheep... but you can't exactly carry them around in your pocket or make change with them for that matter.

Lol here its so much different. If your rich here your shunned, your automatically considered prep. Lol, i just laughed cuz that makes me laugh, but then when you live in a really poor/ghetto-like region, it must change some things. Rarely you see 2 story houses, which is why i kinda hide the fact that i got on vacation to my vacation house which is 4 stories, (if you include the above ground pool room) so i don't get called a rich prep. But otherwise, money is stupid, but its what motivates people to get things done.

Well, in the Bible, it says money is the root of all evil.Studies show that people who have more money are generaly less happy than those who have less.The other day in church, we talked about this guy that won the lottery and his brother hired a hitman to kill him, so he could have a share of the fortune.I wish sometimes we never thought of money, the world would be a much happier place.

Money its self isn;t a bad thing capitalism and peoples perceptions are the evil things... i've always looked for a little extra money here and there cos it isn't a bad thing. Also not many of my friends are that well off infact theres a couple of my firends who's parents have pretty good jobs but theyre not going to look down on us cos were all friends freindship should come over money imo.

I also agree with what you have said, and I also agree with what you said that if you dont come into money early then you never will, what I dislike the most about this is that some people work even harder than others to earn just what they need in money to be able to bearly buy what they need, when there are others who bearly even move a thumb and they just cant spend enough money.

I have a neutral opinion about money, even though the bible said Money is the root of all evil but it was said in the context of "worshiping money" so it means that you shouldn't make money as an idol or your no 1 in life, not the money itself. IMHO money is only an idea, a nominal terms that value a service or product. So the more valuable the product/service, the more expensive it is on the terms of money. If you want to have more money, make yourself more valuable for others by adding more skills, etc and the money will follow :D

If people had sense in them we wouldn't need money, nor would we need a government. We could live without such things, but the problem is people aren't going to work for free, and people won't be sensible if things are free. People are unfortunately, only human with the traces of the savages we were many centuries before, so we cannot work towards a perfect world free of such things.

I can do nothing else then agree to the evilness of money.I also am only able to buy the necessary things, allthough I have the prospect of earning some more in a few years.It's true, when you start off poor, you will have to fight your way trough to have a decent life. I started off poor too, but I can always say that there wasn't one day without something to drink and eat, even after the arrival of the euro :DOne thing isn't fair, as said before... Some people have to work hard and work in dangerous places, but they don't even get half of some people who sit on their behinds every day, MSNing or polishing nails during the boss' time (no offense to the ladies).