xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
beeseven

Rookie Emt Accidentally Kills Coworker

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

A fourth-day EMT was playing around with defibrillator paddles and shocked a coworker as a prank. Defibrillator paddles are what are used to restart a person's heart if it stops (when the person shouts "Clear!" and shocks someone). Unfortunately for this guy, they can also stop a beating heart. The coworker he shocked, a mother of two, was unconcious for three days and then died. The maximum possible sentence (for involuntary manslaughter) is 10 years in prison.

He shouldn't have been messing around with that! I mean, come on! What person in their right mind would shock someone with that as a prank?! It's so stupid!! All because of someone's immature behavior, someone lost their life. It's just plain ridiculous! I don't care if he meant to do it or not. They shouldn't let anyone on a job like that who likes to play pranks.

That guy should have known that something like that could happen. If something has the ability to restart/stop someones heart you should not be using it to play a practical joke on someone. I don't see why people do stuff that is obviously dangerous. If people would just stop and think before they act we would be a lot better off.

Who would be that idiotic to do that kind of stuff? If that thing has the ability to stop/revive a person's heart, that's something you shouldn't even touch withouth no reason.

people in this world never seems to amaze me,maybe he saw how it is done on Tv and thought he could do the same thing in real life,what a fool,I think for taking someones life in such a stupid way he should get more than 10 years in prision...the should let him be a lesson for the other stupid people of this world............

He should really get like three life sentences for that - what a dingbat!!! Why on earth would someone be playing with a defribillator? Or any other mediacal equipment for that matter?

What really scares me is that this guy is supposedly a highly educated medical technitian with at least four years of training and an above-average IQ. It seems colleges are letting any dimwit get past the final exam these days.

I think you guys are being a little hard on him. Can you tell me, truthfully, that you've never made a bad decision? You probably haven't killed anyone, but everybody makes mistakes. Everyone does things wrong.

I think you guys are being a little hard on him. Can you tell me, truthfully, that you've never made a bad decision? You probably haven't killed anyone, but everybody makes mistakes. Everyone does things wrong.

Sure, everyone makes mistakes, but I don't shoot people in the eye, stab people in the neck, and bash people on the head with a hammer as a joke. Some things are just STUPID, and someone of his profession, more than anyone, should know better than to shock someone with defibrillator paddles. If these things are powerful enough to jump-start a heart, it's pretty obvious that they would also be powerful enough to stop one.

Sure, everyone makes mistakes, but I don't shoot people in the eye, stab people in the neck, and bash people on the head with a hammer as a joke. Some things are just STUPID, and someone of his profession, more than anyone, should know better than to shock someone with defibrillator paddles. If these things are powerful enough to jump-start a heart, it's pretty obvious that they would also be powerful enough to stop one.