xisto Community
OpaQue

Credit System For 2.1.4 Update :)

I am really looking forward to this new Credit system 2.1.4. I just need some clarification

1. Credit System timer algorithm. [-Rewritten completely from scratch with slightly diffrent set of rules -] 4. Updating credits on new post.
5. EDITING FEATURE ENABLED. (Staff Members! Enjoy your full time on your evil work, no more requests for editing posts.. !)
6. Editing a post recalculates the credits and adjusts the post accordingly.
7. A Fast Reply and Merge post will also give credits rather than ignoring the tiny amount. -> 1/27/2006

What is this System timer you are taking about? It would be extremely interesting to know what kind of rules is being set?

The updating credits on new post? Is this going to be a sort of ajax-styled function? The credits would be seen after we make a post, instead of having to go to the main page to see how many credits we have at the moment?

In the past, the Fast Reply does not give us any credits? I have been always using the Fast Reply field to reply any posts and I don't have any problem with it.

With regards to the vacationing function, I think it could be a very good idea but some adjustments has to be made to prevent any of the members abusing it. Members could just go on a 'holiday' every few weeks and they can forget about posting for that period of time. I suggest to limit the number of vacations a member can take in a year. Maybe a member can take a vacation of 20 days at most in a year, or something along the lines of that concept. The vacation could be for a whole week or for a few days.

What do you think about this idea?

On the topic of upgrades.....It states on the home page that php and mysql are both version 4.That's quite ancient! Is this correct?If so, could there be an upgrade of these in the next system upgrade?Many scripts won't run on those versions as they utilize the improvements made in the newer builds.They're also both easy to install and FREE!!!

Wow! You have your work cut out for you... I believe you can do it your Xisto... ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE... I am curios thou is this algorithm reads the amount of characters and spaces then like calculates, then like checks to see if it's a true word or similar, instead of putting like dummy text? I know you would catch dummy text but is it similar to that. I'm just curios thats all... Well Good luck with your project.

This topic is rather old seeing the the IP board version is 2.2.3. The credit system would have been sorted for 2.1.4 a while back now. Im not sure why this topic is still open.

That's quite ancient! Is this correct?

Yes, it's correct. Someone dug this out again. Although it's good to re-read things every once in a while, I really don't think this could be any good. Four members have now posted up this recently... it is about two years old!!!!
I spent a lot of time reading opaque's post about the credit upgrade after seeing this in the recent posts list and thought we were getting a change to something!! (although a couple of things puzzled me since most as far as I knew had been already done!!!)

Could we not dig it up unless there is something new to say about it :)