xisto Community
mukund

Gaim 2.0 Is Out

Sweet, thanks man. Hopefully it has fixed some annyoing bugs, but one can only find out from try and error :\ It would have been a while before I realized there was a new version out.Btw, for those who don't know what gaim is. Gaim is an open source free software that works with aim,msn,irc,yahoo,jabber, and a couple other clients. This is kind of like trillion but I think its better. I have been using gaim for the past year now and I like it 100%. I would recommend this to everyone, though not recommened to people that arn't computer literate.

I miss some features of yahoo messenger in Gaim but guess some of them are probably present but i didn't notice them(I remmember of a 'buzz' button lacking and the option of 'stealth' yahoo messenger has as well as a few others- pop-up ballons of new message/online contact etc.)Haven't tried 2.0 but very courious, next days would definitly try it.Thanks for the news, i saw earlier the post but only now realized it, haha.

I've just tried the new Gaim and it doesn't do anything on my computer. I mean i installed it together with gtk then i started, entered an new yahoo account and didn't find any activate or whatever button to get it connected to yahoo servers. So my buddy list remained empty and nothing happened. After this I deleted it and said to wait until some bugs will get fixed.