xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
unicornrose

Sending Mail SMTP problems

Okay I am at a loss on this so I am trying this way.I looked around and did several searches to find an solution. My domain is unicornrose.com so my mail server is mail.unicornrose.comSo far I have never had a problem with the getting mail part. I can not send however. I have put my smtp server as mail.unicornrose.com and that it requires server authentication. It is also set as port 25. I have tried it as no server authentication too. I keep getting an error. Something to the effect that it can not find the server. Now when I look at my file server and look in the mail folder there is nothing in there that seems to be related to smtp. What am I doing wrong? I am on a network and I share a dsl connection through a router. Would that affect how I should be sending mail? I had this problem before when I was running windows on my system well I am now running Debian Linux and still have this problem. Any suggestions would be helpful! Thanks so much.

i do not believe that the router would cause any problem with it, because it is just another way to get a connection of internet..but i do not see why this would be happenening..are you sure you have the right port?i am semi replying to this because i have the same issue, are you trying to set it up in Outlook?

i do not believe that the router would cause any problem with it, because it is just another way to get a connection of internet..but i do not see why this would be happenening..are you sure you have the right port?

i am semi replying to this because i have the same issue, are you trying to set it up in Outlook?

223617[/snapback]

I tried to set it up in Outlook Express and Incredimail when I was using windows.

Now I am trying to set it up in KMail and other mail programs that come with Debian Linux.

oh, well i managed to set half of it up in outlook.. i could read the mail just not replay to it or nething..so i dont know maybe if anyone ever responds to this it could help me to, ive been meaning to post a topic on it but never got the chance to