xisto Community
Albus Dumbledore

The Attack Of The Bunjie Cord Bunjie cords bounce back...my rant

a stupid thing to rant about but im bored and i feel like getting it out..ok, well to start off with BUNJIE CORDS ARE STUPID! ok thats out of me :(:( this last saturday me and my dad and my sister were headed up to go and see my grandparents who were camping at a place Called Lake berryessa, and our RV was in the driveway, it had rained and the wind blew so badly the night before that the tarp that was on top had blown free *the bunjie cords got unhooked* well, my sister went to sit in the car. me and my dad started to tie down the tarp uptop with the bunjie cords again and we had gotten tham alll latched down except for one, my dad was up top making sure it was all straight and he handed me the end of the cord to hook somewhere...well i grabed it and tryed latching it down i almost had it there (and i suppose this was my fault) but it was not at its fully streched length, and it gave way snaping back up, it hit me in the eye..i know some people right now are thinking ouch that must have hurt..but that is not the half of it...i thought it had only hit my eye so i had turned around to sit down and rest a second when suddenly, i got yanked back...now i realized that the hook was stuck IN MY EYE SOCKET and im standing there like damit i cant see out of my eye right now, i have finals next week what the heck am i going to do. (stupid thing to be thinking about but oo well) so i just immediatly pull it outbut it wouldn't come out i was hooked on the inside of a bone so i had to tweak it a certin way hurting my eye.. it finally came out..i say down and opened my eye wide waiting for blood to drip out onto my other hand but nothing happened..my dad was down from the ladder now not knowing what had happened and he looked at my eye noticing i had a black peice sitting on top of my eye it was about an inch, inch and a half long..ididn't even realize it..the total incident totaly sucked!after that my dad took me inside and washhed my eye out with saline solution, its all better now jsut in ALLOT of painafter this i was soo emotional it was unbelivable, i dont know if it was because i know i could have lost my eye sight in that eye..somthing that is completley irreplacable..or if it was because it still had dirt up there and my body was telling me to cry to wash it out..i dont know but now a week later i stay as far away from that damed camper as possible! i absoloutly hate bunjie cords now!they have a mind of their own watch out!!! :(

that is probly the wierdest thing that i have read in vent bungie cords rent that bad a bungie cord saved my life once. I was riding a dirtbike and i tried to do somen stupid and it didnt quite work but thats ok because when i was about to eat dirt the bunjie cord that was holding on too latched on to a tree branch and i was an inch away from a sharp rock lol

I never realized that bunjie cords were so dangerous. I am going to use safetly goggles whenever I need to use them to secure something :rolleyes: . That really stinks that that happened, especially considering you are going to need to study for finals thats gonna be tough but I think you'll manage as long as your other eye works. I hope it does not cause serious damage to your eye. It seems like something like that has a one in one billion chance of actually happening I guess that you were just unlucky.

Ouch that had to hurt. I am surprised you weren't hurt worse but I am glad you weren't. I remember when I was about 7 or so we had bungee cords hooked from one tree to another and I was running and didn't see them and ended up running right through it lol. Snapped and scraped my neck a little but it really wasn't that bad. Sort of funny. You should just use stakes instead, much easier :rolleyes:

Ouch that had to hurt. I am surprised you weren't hurt worse but I am glad you weren't. I remember when I was about 7 or so we had bungee cords hooked from one tree to another and I was running and didn't see them and ended up running right through it lol. Snapped and scraped my neck a little but it really wasn't that bad. Sort of funny. You should just use stakes instead, much easier :rolleyes:

oo steaks i could just imagine *shivers from the chill down my spine* but erm its been a whole 2 weeks later and my eye is fine, no scaring, no scratches on the eye... so my dad says i got pretty darned lucky with how it turned out and i think i did too..and ouch at running right through them..... and thanx, im glad i wasn't hurt either hehe >_<
Edited by Albus Dumbledore (see edit history)