xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
microbiology

What Is Rapidshare?

Hi. I am new here and I think this is a marvelous forum. I think it is constructed great for people who need help. I am one of those people. I found out about Rapidshare through a friend's brother. I eventually learned that you can download easily through Rapidshare. I was wondering if any of you nice people would be willing to share with me some details? Like, is Rapidshare illegal? Is it capable to be downloading illegal content without knowledge? How do I tell if the content is illegal or legal? I truly and gratefully appreciate any help given to me. Thank you so very much.

Just check back with your last post about illegal use of Rapid Share http://forums.xisto.com/topic/32653-downloading-content-using-rapidshare-illegal-or-not/=

To answer your question, Rapid Share is not illegal IF USED CORRECTLY Please note that using rapid share is not illegal but you if you download illegal content it is considered what "illegal" You should know what illegal is like something that you have to pay for or is copyrighted and isn't permitted redistribution by any unauthorized dealers.

Rapid Share is a file hosting web. Now, it is integrated into 100MB of file are allowed to be uploaded. And the speed is 16Gbit/s Up and Down.

The web site address is:-
http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Other good file hosting is http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/.

MegaUpload may upload until 250MB and member may upload to 500MB.
Speed information are not available.

Here's what the website has to say, FWIW:

Which UPLOAD-RULES have to be followed?    * No files that are not allowed to be shared. (no illegal or copyrighted files)

Now, I'm sure rapidshare itself does not provide any guarentee that the rule will not be broken, although they are fully aware of the possibility and are probably doing their best to ensure a happy, leagal world.

I'd suggest using your common sense. Like someone pointed out, using rapidshare is not an illegal activity. For instance, I want you to read my most recent poem - I save it to my text file, upload it on to a rapidshare server, and give you the download link. You download it, read it, and mail me to say it was crap. None of this is illegal (well, maybe the last bit, but oh well... *sigh*).

On the other hand, willfully/conciously (contact a lawyer, I'm not sure about the specific terms) download stuff that you know you shouldn't be downloading, you're on the wrong side of the law. Simple as that.

HTH. Cheers.

Rapid share... wow a great site for uploading as well as downloadI am using the rapidshare to upload the regional movies here.It is helping many NRI's who stay outside india by sending the movies.U know how much they thank us when we send the movie to them..I really appreciate the rapid share help to us in uploading and downloading lol .... :huh:

Uploading movies to Rapidshare? Isn't that illegal unless you have the copyright for the movie itself? :huh: Let me redefine illegal when used in the context of files on the web.Sharing/Putting up Copyrighted and Commercial material for download:Things that you didn't make yourself and have a copyright aren't supposed to be distributed freely over the web. The people who made the file need to get their credit and money. Doing that hurts their business... Instead of gaining money from what they did, they don't gain as much as people are distributing it for free.Got that? Now let's all use helpful file hosting services like Rapidshare to good use~!

Agree,a usefull site for both upload and download.Also i figured way how to downlaod without limitation ;) Answer is in yours IP adress.It remembers yours IP adress and limit downloads (if your not a premium user).But if you change your IP adress....guess for yourself :huh: