xisto Community
gameratheart

Translate English-based Site Into Multiple Langs is it allowed on trap17.com?

Ok, anyone who has visited My Webpage will notice that my website is written completely in English, as the rules state is the requirement.

However, a while ago (when I had this site on a different host), I was working on a French translate for my site, and was considering Japanese too. Now that I am hosted on Xisto.com, I want to know if I can put up a translated version of my site without breaking the rules.

I would still keep the website as English by Default, because the rules say I must, but am I allowed to make translates of the pages? I will keep all the content the same on all translates wherever possible.

All websites must be in English to qualify for free hosting. We do this to ensure that Accounts are legal and have permissable contents.

This is a quote from the Acceptable Use Policy. As you, no doubt, have read the AUP, you are aware of this requirement for your site. However, I could not find any further information regarding a translation of the site. I suggest a PM to the Admins.

Are you going to do the translation yourself and 'hard code' the second languages? or use a translation software that reads your English page and converts it? Like google's translator?

It's hard to answer that one, as either way I'll end up using google anyway. Back when I had my site on another host, all I did was make copies of the english pages and then translated the text into French. I used google to help me find words I didn't know. Now I'm thinking of taking a different approch.Your idea of using a "Google Translator" is good, but Google adds a frame to the top of the site to show it has been translated - which does not do any good to the design of your site.In short, I am not entirely sure.

I have just discovered that I am going to have to "hard code" the website, due to the way the website is designed - the pages are opened separately, so only the index can be translated - using a link reverts the pages back to English, but keeps the translated links!UPDATE: I have changed the page design so that it now takes the data from individual pages and transfers thm into ONE page. This means use of translating tools is possible... but I think I'd best avoid it.

Edited by NDPA (see edit history)

This is just a single-word translator isn't it? Like those English-French dictonaries... I've already got that kind of software on disk. But translating individual words is a painstaking project, especially as some words are available in multiple formats and may not suit a sentence. I need something to speed it up.

Well, it looks like I'm going to have to think this over carefully to come up with a solution. I am still updating my site anyway, so trying to translate it may become a waste of time as it is, but I will definately think about how I'm eventually going to do it.

I will keep all the content the same on all translates wherever possible.

Doing this just one way that,learning it by yourself,then translate by yourself.or employing a worker for doing that,but don't tried to translate from online translator something like that.

It seems I may have to scrap this idea for a while... I'm afraid I just don't have a good enough picture of what to do.