xisto Community
semeticsister

Racial Slur Or Plain Insult? anti-semetism is not cool.

Okay so I was on the bus home from school a few minutes ago, and this is what happened.

This guy was talking about asking out this girl named takira, who I really loathe. I said "Eww, you like takira? she's really stupid!" Apparently, this girl named Kara who sat behind me said to me "Oh my gawsh, that is so mean, you nasty little jew!"

Do you think I should tell someone or did I have it coming for what I said about Takira?

Comments, please!

Notice from BuffaloHELP:
Title changed. Choose it carefully.
Edited by BuffaloHELP (see edit history)

You're insulted because someone called you a nasty little Jew? Well, you are a Jew, aren't you? In that case, you would be insulted just because they called you nasty, and five year olds can tough out a lame insult such as that.

You're insulted because someone called you a nasty little Jew? Well, you are a Jew, aren't you? In that case, you would be insulted just because they called you nasty, and five year olds can tough out a lame insult such as that.

222466[/snapback]

well you don't really understand the severity of the comment, since i presume you aren't jewish (if you were, you would be schvitzing about it with me). She singled me out because of my religion. IF she called me a nasty little retard or something, I wouldn't have been offended, but since she attacked me based on my religion instead of my appearance, intelligence, etc., then that would constitute as a racist remark, would it not? now i really should know if i should tell someone or not...

technically, singling someone out based on religious factor does not qualify as racist since religion does not equal race (there's not even something one could call the "jewish race" ... it's a religion...).anyways, basing the insult on your appearance, intelligence, whatever wouldn't have made it less difficult. "you nasty little <person who wears jeans>" ... it's not too large a step to "friggin' @$$***** who wear jeans, let's kill 'em all" from such a remark (actually, such a remark made it into the charts ... "cool kids don't wear blue jeans")...before you tell everybody, it might be better to try to find out if she's got it in for jews or not ... she doesn't sound like a person whom I'd like to spend more time than necessary with anyways...

I'm going to aggree with the first comment, if you are a jew then in my opinion it no diffrent then saying you nasty little girl, because if you were a jew then like it was said they really are just calling you nasty. It may also be that this person has a negative opinion towards Jews, or has heard the line elsewhere, and just like the append her insults with "you ______ jew". In that case I might be offended, especiassly if I were Jewish. However if, as I started, you are jewish, and it is simply used to identify you, then that's like (this is a very stupid example) calling that shape over there "a mighty pointy triangle" and the triangly being upset, for being singled out as a triangle, after all it is a traingle, now if it were a square that'd be diffrent.I hope nobody takes offence at that, if you did I'm sorry.

I kind of agree with everyone else, i dont think you should really tell anyone. I mean you honestly did bring it upon yourself, you insulted someone...so someone insulted you back.

I mean if she would have walked up to you, and been like "You are such a nasty jew!" for no apparent reason, i think yes then you would have a right to be very upset. But concidering the situation, i think it was just a case of verbal diarrehea...you insulted her [friend] and so she insulted you back, probably with whatever she could blurt out, before really thinking.

She probably just meant that what you said was infact mean (which it was) and that she thought you were nasty/being nasty...and the fact that you are jewish had really nothing to do with anything, it just kind of stuck onto the rest of what she said. Either way you shouldnt have said what you did, and she most definitly shouldnt have said what she said, but its in the best, and unless it happens again i think you should just forget about it, move on with your life...dont dwell on hateful words.

yeah, technically speaking you did insult someone close to her...so next time try to be more careful! :( She probably didn't have time to think what she was saying, she was trying to insult you back, so... yeah. :(

I do not think that this person who called you that was really being racist. By the sound of you two just dislike each other and she found something to pick on you about. I mean if someone on the street who you barly know came up to you and called you that its a big deal but someone you know who just likes to pick fights shouldn't be a big deal.

I wouldnt worry about it too much ^^;It's not like you were sitting around doing nothing, in the first place.. someone was talking about a girl he liked, everything was positive.. then you said something mean about the girl... so her friend said something mean about you.. and I can't imagine the insults ended there ^^;;Maybe if you wouldn't have called the one girl stupid (even if she is), the other girl wouldn't have had a thing to say to you.Aaaaaand.. if even she had just said it out of nowhere, I still wouldn't worry about it.. some people are just like that, and there are a lot of worse things that could be said than that. If she continued to bash you over your religion, and without being provoked, then you might want to do something about it.. but that doesn't seem to be the case.Try not to worry so much about little things ^^~

I think that was a racial comment i mean no one should be judged over there religion,skin color, or the way they dress. It makes me mad when people do that. But ya i thought that was a racial comment it doesnt matter if your jewish catholic or christian if you and that girl that sits behind you where pilled like patatoes you'd both be the same so just ignore poepl like that they have no ida what theyre sying they just think there better than you but youre probly the better person

This guy was talking about asking out this girl named takira, who I really loathe. I said "Eww, you like takira? she's really stupid!" Apparently, this girl named Kara who sat behind me said to me "Oh my gawsh, that is so mean, you nasty little jew!"

Do you think I should tell someone or did I have it coming for what I said about Takira?

Comments, please!

Notice from BuffaloHELP:
Title changed. Choose it carefully.

222458[/snapback]

Hey! Strikes me that I can't figure out by reading your lines wether you told Takira that you "loathe" (a mighty word by all means) her before that thing happened.

Now, it's always bad to air out negative comments about somebody behind his/her back if you didn't make damn sure he/she knows how you feel towards him/her beforehand. You always lose in the process, because you get spotted and nailed down as a coward who stabs people in their back. Telling Takira your stuff might even bring you a good friend, who knows?

Now, why don't you get to see Takira and tell her what's on your stomach, or you simply forget to vent out any public comment about her and other people whom you "loathe". Being addressed as as Jew is a response to "loathing" somebody else, and is incidental, really. Life's too short to dwell on small talk, young lady, if you ask me.

Cheers, all

:)