xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Dragonfly

Cannot Addon A New Domain NewDomain.com is owned by another user

I was trying to addon one domain to my current account since I have enough space but I get the following error.

NewDomain.com is owned by another user.

Removed Entry from httpd.conf The subdomain, newdomain.currentdomain.com has been removed.

newdomain.com could not be setup. The subdomain newdomain.currentdomain.com was not setup either.

Half an ahour ago I have already pointed the newdomain nameserver to ns1 and ns2.computinghost.com, will it take more than this much time for a server to recognize the nameserver or what does it mean when it says 'owned by another user'?

Thanks.

it usually takes about a couple of hours when your domain is .net or .com, but it happens to take 24 hrs or longer (even 48 hrs is possible) when the case is about a .org, .info, or any other different kind of domain until your domain starts really recognise the DNS setup.Well, at least that is what happened to me :(Cheers!!!!

Hi sonorama,I tried in my Xisto.com account, within minutes of pointing the nameserver to Xisto I could easily addon domain in the account. The problem with Xisto - Web Hosting is that it took so much time or I wonder if there is some other problem with my paid account set up. I gave up the addon domain idea. I just point the new domain to Xisto.com and it is working but I cannot use much space anymore. So, the problem isn't solve yet.

If that domain is present on our network, it will give that error. Since our servers are all clustered and connected, The websites are not bounded by their server location. They are all like one group.If you have parked or have the account with Xisto or Xisto, remove it from there.