xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Sarith Pallewela

Speeding Up Your Windows Xp How to speed up your windows XP alot

SPEEDING UP YOUR WINDOWS XP USING TWEAK XP! :):P

Tweak Xp is a Total Idea company software that I found on the web that does

Anything if not everything you need to do to your windows Xp. It's actually

Is a tweaking utility that speed up your windows. So I thought I?d share

the software with you :P heres what it does.

SYSTEM PERFORMENCE UTILITIES :blink:

1. Memory Optimization: This feature will check the current memory situation of

your pc and reorganize the physical RAM using value to free up as much RAM as

possible. This helps to speed up your pc a lot!

2. Cache Optimization: I you have a lot of RAM you can speed up the file system

activity by increasing the page lock limit. with this

3. Unnecessary Files removal: Using this function you can search your hard drive

for unnecessary file which take up space

4. Hardware Tweaks: Tweak Xp offer special tweaks that increase the performance

of your CPU, VGA card and MODEM.

5. Atomic Clock Setting: Using this Function you can easily adjust your system time to the correct time

calculated by the atomic clock.

SYSTEM FILE TWEAKS :ph34r:

1. Windows Tweaks: With this u can easily speedup windows by removing unwanted

windows programs and customize your start menu to your liking.

2. Auto Login: With This utility you can make the pc automatically login to your

account even if there are multiple users in the pc

3. Folder Protection: This enables you to lock folder so that they can only be

accessed after they are unlocked through tweak XP.

4. Program Censorship: This utility allow you to block programs from ever

running in your PC until you unlock it!

5. Zip File Doctor: This Utility automatically rescues bad or corrupted Zip files.

I could have sworn that Microsoft has made something similar, the software is called Powertoys or something, you can find them on the microsoft website, there are various ones that are all around 2 MB mainly less. Theres one that gives you more desktops like linux and one that tweaks XP from what i remember. People could try these as they are free and were made by Microsoft for XP, to enhance the XP experience. Not sure if you have heard about them.

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Not that I am complaining about the speed at which my computer loads up, but it is always better to have an even faster loading time. I will look to try this Tweak XP. Is it totally free, meaning all the functionalities are there for you to try or like 99% of the software, they lock some features for you. From what I have seen

Activate hundreds of hidden Windows settings, clean your registry, activate system restrictions, block popups, block banner ads, get detailed system information, create a RAM Disc Drive, protect your privacy by cleaning your harddrive, repair zip files, manage TrueType fonts, improve your internet connection, optimize your CPU, optimize your RAM, and much more ...

What I would like to see in Windows is a better cleaning capability of the registry and the freeing up of RAM. Windows has a very poor RAM freeing mechanism, and I am sure this has been noticed by many peopel now. As to how it will improve your internet connection, I do not know how this software actually goes about doing that.

In any case, I will try out the trial version of this program and see how it works :lol:

darran, im pretty sure it has all the features enabled until the end of the trial period. I recommend you try it and the microsoft powertoys, to see which is better for you. I didnt really like the Tweak XP, and decided to go with the PowerToy. Mainly because it was made by Microsoft so i got support for problems that i encountered. I also found a way to speed up the Start menu, this is pretty helpfull. If anyone wants to know please feel free to ask.

Pfft you people with your optimization software...doesn't ever do crap, I learned that years ago. Memory optimization wont do squat unless you're running like 128 mb of ram on win xp, then maybe you'll see a bit of a difference. If you wanna free up ram, then run msconfig and turn off all the useless crap and about 8 ms tasks that do nothing but take up memory and you will probably get better results. Better yet, create yourself a user account that runs only the barebones tasks for maximum performance for things like gaming. All that the ram tweaking crap does is push off background tasts (or more, depending on how far you push the slider) from the memory into the page file on the hard drive, which is dog slow. For those of you who didn't know...windows kind of does that when you turn on a memory intensive task. If it didn't then you would see a blue screen every time you tried to play Unreal Tournament 2004 on a pc with 256 mb of ram.I think that whatever ram that those proggies hope to "free up", they cancel out with cpu usage and taking up their own ram. If you're running out of ram, then honestly, just get more. If you can't, then get a new pc; software is not the answer.

Yeah, I've heard about this program - it is great and really does the job without a single problem. However, I remember that once when I messed with the registry using TweakXP, a few things stopped working and even after reenabling them in TweakXP, the whole thing was messed up. Since then I only use it for stuff that doesn't include hardcore registry changes, which might lead to previously described problems...However, it is still better to use tweakXP then to manually change stuff in REGEDIT --> that is very dangerous if you do not know what you are doing and can lead to your system not booting at all or something like that..so be carefullbest whishes

The best way to increase the performance of your pc (vista or xp) is to go to pcstats.com and search for "99 ways to increase performance". This guide will speed up your computer in soooo many ways plus you can also look at their 101 ways to speed up XP also which includes smaller improvements. The guide will tell you how to increase download times, increase boot times using the registry and a tool called bootvis. It also will help with shutdown times by getting rid of the close program dialog when shutting down and also reducing the time in which windows waits to close a program.