xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Albus Dumbledore

Public_html Or Www Folder? Where to put web files?

heh..im kind of new to this..but where to i put my pages that i want to show up? like in... public_html www??? plz help hehe

Notice from BuffaloHELP:
Naming your topic title carefully would and will help other members in the future. Please take topic title and description seriously.
Edited by BuffaloHELP (see edit history)

When the concept of webhosting initially started it was all directed to public_html folder. But as time past and your average soccer-mom decided to get creative with making websites, the service provider of Unix/Linx based host started to provide friendlier computer terms. WWW folder is the shortcut to public_html since public_html isn't really intuitive. They are the same thing. WWW folder will lead into public_html folder but not vice versa.

ok thank you verry much!, and im sorry about the topic and description i figured there was a limit on the length of the title since there is on the description..

lol. those 2 are the same thing. i placed a file in the www folder and it showed up in public_html and vice versa. it kinda clones the files but doesnt waste any extra space. it was kinda confusing to me 2 when i forst got my first webhosting account.