xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
dr.a.sultan

Iran To Resume Nuclear Fuel Research

This was a breaking news... it says that the Irani President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad decided so : ?The Iranian nation and Government, with firmness and wisdom, will continue its path in seeking and utilising peaceful nuclear energy.? these was his latest declaration...

and in response , Tony Blair the british PM said that britain will push actions toward Tehrran , as he is prepairing persuade france and germany to take firm action toward iran represented in the referral of Tehrran's Nuclear issue to UN security to consider sanctions. and of course this is supported by USA.

at the same time the irani president said in the same declaration that iran isn't interested in having nuclear weapons and it even consider it illegal.

Oh boy, this'll certainly put George Dubya's knickers in a knot.

Look what he did in Iraq? and they only used Poison Gas on their own population.

Iran openly admits to the potential to have Weapons of Mass Desctruction?

I wonder how the gang at the CIA will interprete this. Is there enough reason to act upon this potential? Do they have the method of delivery available? Are there any other compnents they are capable of producing which might lead to the actual threat of manufacturing a Nuclear Warhead or Bomb?

Can someone Google to find out how much Oil production Iran has, please.

Iran Oil - production : 3.962 million bbl/day (2004 est.) and by the way , iran has rich resources of valuable and important metals including Uranium and other nuclear metals which is rare in the rest of the world

Oh boy, this'll certainly put George Dubya's knickers in a knot.

Look what he did in Iraq? and they only used Poison Gas on their own population.

220308[/snapback]

Well, jlhaslip, George W has got a slight problem with Iran that he didn't have with Iraq. You see, it so happens that Iran is China's main oil supplier at the nonce. What do you think they'll say out there when Big Texas pulls out his .45? They'll quietly tell him the Chinese have an urgent need to reconsider financing the US economy the way they did during these 10 past years. Chinese are usually very good at shooting where it hurts worst: wallet-side...

so what's the problem with a country trying to build their own nuclear power plants? that's perfectly legal under the Nuclear Weapons Non-Proliferation Treaty ("every member state has the right to develop nuclear technology for peaceful use"), which, by the way, has in the past been broken by the USA and most West European countries, including my own, Germany, and the violations of this treaty still go on.
The irani government does not say they want to develop nuclear weapons and a well-respected muslim scholar in Iran issued a Fatwa prohibiting the development, production and stockpiling of nuclear weapons for any muslim.

I suppose you remember what a fatwa is: An evil instrument of fanatic muslim priests which are binding for every muslim following them, just like laws issued by our respective countries are supposed to apply to every single one of us. well, there's a small difference between the way fatwas and laws work: Muslims are free to choose their priest, they can even stop following one if they don't agree with his teaching. We are not free to follow the laws of another nation if we don't agree with our government.
So if a well-respected muslim scholar issues a fatwa and does not lose followers after doing so, this usually means that people agree with him. Kind of a problem for our propaganda people if they accuse people of developing nuclear weapons when those accused say otherwise (and have a way better reputation of doing what they say/openly admitting of being about to do something bad before doing so)...

ongnoai: you've made a very good guess - China is considering to change some of its state reservers from the US-Dollar to other currencies, probably the Euro...: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

On news today I have heard that George Bush could call for nuclear strike on Iraq if the government of this country does not stop researches with nuclear fuel.Now, I am concerned if this is really true, because I think that something like that could easily grow into the war with larger dimensions.Also, if Bush really gave statement like this, does he even thinks about what he is saying? This would not be the first time that he said something really stupid and in the same time so frightening...

No I think that USA is scared of Iran and that any strike against Iran could end up bad for USA as there are many countries which are in direct or indirect support of Iran.And there is one more thing to consider this current government set up in Iran were actually funded in the beginning from the USA and they just took out of control like severel other infiltrators from the Cold War ;). I would like to point out that USA is not doing anything agains North Korea Also even though they are actually testing the rockets and their systems very ofter so USA has real problem with those two countries. And if we look Iraq it was all for the oil they haven't found weapons for mass destruction yet there and they will never find it.And if any nuclear strike occurs against Iran which is hardly to happen it will be on larger scale. Firstly because dirty sand and winds with radiation will travel over middle east and maybe even over to the India as there is no real natural habitat dam to stop the expension of radiated particles so the final effect of the nuclear strike might infect stability on the hall world and many nations would turn they support against USA which might even end in the third World War. Eventhough kids in the future might learn that 9/11 was actually the beginning. ;)

Even if Iran will have a nuclear weapon of something there government is not stupid enough to use it againts any other country. Becuase if they do so, its just the same as deleting their country in the map. Its very ironic that the country that empower itself as the police of the new world (USA) has the most records of atrocity and violation of international law not mentioning espionage activities and supporting governements who oppressed their citizens. Not to mention that USA has thousands of nuclear weapons. USA alone can wipe out humanity in the face of the earth with its neclear capability.Dont fear Iran or North Korea. Fear USA.

I completely agree with you because in fact USA has set up themselves as world cup. But as far as it looks they will never use their nuclear arsenal. Because they would then bring annihilation on the human specie. Also I would like to point out that there is rightful fear against the muslim countries because if some extremists gets his fingers on the nuclear weapon he or she will not wait to lunch it against the USA or any Christian country in fact. So it is question where are those nuclear weapons and how well are they protected and also who can get his fingers on them.

Iran has every right to use nuclear fuel. Just as US. The US can't bully anyone into submission to its policies. As for their use in nuclear missiles, both countries are pretty stupid in their approach. And that is the expected approach. Iran should open its reactors to IAEA. But I dont think The UN can force countries not to make weapons. That is the country's choice. Still as a signatory of the UN it is responsible to the world and must negotiate responsibly. But that is also what US doesn't do , right?

Iran has every right to use nuclear fuel. Just as US. The US can't bully anyone into submission to its policies. As for their use in nuclear missiles, both countries are pretty stupid in their approach. And that is the expected approach. Iran should open its reactors to IAEA. But I dont think The UN can force countries not to make weapons. That is the country's choice. Still as a signatory of the UN it is responsible to the world and must negotiate responsibly. But that is also what US doesn't do , right?

I agree with you on this one. And it is main point that United States are trying to inflict some kind of democracy and other things on some other countries why they don't have it in their own baskground.

This is the main problem why they are considered as world cop and nation bully as you said although this might be a bit rough.

And I would like to add that Iran government has evrry right to not show their reactors to the inspectors as they might be just there to steal technology and what if in Iran they got some new Breakthrough in the nuclear power technology or something similar. Are United States opened their reacotrs to the newspapers and television stations and foreign scientist to check them picture them and tape them. they did not it is not just problem of national security but also problem of technology design and many other things which must be considered.

Hmm i'm british and would not normally say this but our goverment is being pedantic. Surely one country can have nuculear fuel and another can't. Yes i know iran may try to develpo nuculear weapon's but that's a chance the rest of the world will have to take as i do not feel a group of counrty's can deny another of there right to development.

Hmm i'm british and would not normally say this but our goverment is being pedantic. Surely one country can have nuculear fuel and another can't. Yes i know iran may try to develpo nuculear weapon's but that's a chance the rest of the world will have to take as i do not feel a group of counrty's can deny another of there right to development.

I agree with you to some extent that is I would like to say that you've got point there but you are not also considering many other fact that should be considered before you say something like that, that is there are some really important like security of the nuclear weapons.

It is really dangerous that some country like that in which there are present many extremest factions it is really dangerous to have nuclear weapons even in the country like russia who in the aftermath of the USSR fall and disintegration is really and it is obvious has really fall in the security of the nuclear weapons and the hall nuclear arsenal. And this is not only for the russian there is big part of eastern block countries which do not have funds to keep security on high level. And can you imagine having some such country in which rebelles against western way of life and people who are working out all the time against such way of life. To reach and obtain control of one such weapon. So it is really dangerous.

This was one of my points cheap energy is nice and everyone want it but if there are any concerns that nuclear weapon might be developed it is then really dangerous. I don't have anything against cheap energy although we are working on the alternative sources of energy, nuclear energy is still one of the cheapest in the beginning of the production process, also the fact is that noone can stop someone from using cheap source of energy if they are able. But I want to note that there are also other concerns.

Watch the media distort this and some have link them to some negative connotation and repeat it again and again and again like the words terrorism, al quada (which is linked to everything these days as it seems). Whats the bet that there will be another 'Operation Freedom' here, or a war called 'war on terror'.

Iran Oil - production : 3.962 million bbl/day (2004 est.) and by the way , iran has rich resources of valuable and important metals including Uranium and other nuclear metals which is rare in the rest of the world

Hmm seems like something to go to war for. Like they say, 'the world revolves around money', so does war.

And can you imagine having some such country in which rebelles against western way of life and people who are working out all the time against such way of life.

Urgh no, I cannot imagine this. What is your way of life that they have something against? Why would they be working out all the time against your 'way of life'.

I bet you cannot answer those questions and I bet you are paranoid of 'extremists' and believe all that mumbo jumble because got brainwashed by the media and it from the media somewhere. Don't worry my friend, even if they had nuclear weapons, no1 would steal it just to smuggle in you country to destroy your so called 'way of life'.

Think about it...