xisto Community
andrescasta

Installing Linux On My Laptop

Hello, i have Debian "Sarge" in a DvD, and i want to install it in my dell d600 but i want to know if all this hardware is supported, or is better if i first donwload all that i goint to need, because if i install it but my lan adapters doesn't work then i will have some difficulties:This is my systemCentrinoLCD SXGA (1400x1050) Pentium M Banias 1.6 FSB 400Mainboard i855PMATI RADEON 9000AUDIO SIGMATEL 9750Intel PRO/Wireless LAN 2100 3A MINI PCIBroadcom 570X GigabitThank's for your help!!

You may want to try a live Ubuntu Linux CD. Ubuntu Linux is based on Debian and with the live CD version you don't have to install it to your hard drive. If all your hardware works with the live CD, then its a good chance it'll work with Debian Sarge.Good luck!Goldinero

I am having laptop with windows-xp,is it possible to install Linux os in my laptop, if it is so, how to install, I am having two partition c,d. 50 gb for c, kindly reply my above doubt-question by Rajkumar

Hi,The best way to do it is install linux on the second or third partition...When you install Linux it will automaticaly create a dual boot system...This means that when you boot your system it will ask whether you want to go into the linux or windows O/S,This also means that if there are troubles with your linux install then you can google the problem through your windows internet explorer...But please make sure that you backup all your important files before doing this guys cos they cannot be retrieved if you install on the wrong partition as linux does not work under the ntfs file system and so will change it...

wireless adapter for Ubuntu 9??? what works?Installing Linux On My Laptop

What wireless adapter would work with my Sony Vaio laptop? I have installed Ubuntu 9.? and have not been able to find a wireless adapter that works with it.  Called Linksys and they said none of theirs do.  Looked at website and found somebody ecstatic over the Belkin F5D7050 ver. 4, went to CompUSA site and found an Ubuntu 8.10 user rhapsodizing over the Belkin F5D7050, but when I called the Belkin tech support line, they said it would not work with Linux.  What do I do to get a working wireless adapter?SincerelyKC

-question by Kitz Cleary