xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
serverph

Google And Yahoo Aim At Another Screen from browser into your TV screens - SOON

Google and Yahoo Aim at Another Screen

i just love these two maverick corporate giants. :) envision google and yahoo invading our tv screens very soon. makes TV a more interactive medium, i guess, apart from just channel-surfing via remote control. :P anybody here from las vegas who visited the consumer electronics show already? can you give us a personal report on the new features they have there?

lol This ought to be pretty interesting. The television is now going online :) Google Television, or Yahoo TV. They are pretty smart to try and go bigger. I bet if anyone could pull it off it would be Google. I don't know about yahoo I guess they probably could too. Ought to be pretty interesting to see the television mix with the Internet. Why don't they get rid of television all together and just have people watch television on their computer? Mine as well, and then they could have special dvd rom drives on computers to play video games lol.

That's your website serverph.. :P This is very interesting, Google and Yahoo could be GIANT threats to current television stations if they get out big enough. I doubt that people are going to be paying $1.99 for every prime-time show on CBS though. As for the phones.. Google has been the default search engine on my phone for a while, I have Cingular, but now Motorola will have the cell-phone version of google displayed as well.. and in 10 European countries. It's amazing how much two websites are being intertwined with our lives.. as well as the internet. The article also says the pictures taken on some Nokia phones will be uploaded with Yahoo!'s photo service.. which is more amazing, I didn't think cell phones had the power or internet speed to upload.. but I guess I'm wrong eh? Maybe they'll be bad quality or thumbnails, or just take an extremely long time to upload :) As for the "if you change your contact's phone number on yahoo, it changes on your cell phone," I don't think that is a good idea at all. This could cause major hacking, as with what happened to Paris Hilton and a few other people. If someone could get access to your yahoo account, then they have access to your phone, your contacts, pictures, everything. Not a good idea at all in my opinion.

Read from CNN that some sources were talking about Google going into the computer related industry with a Google OS. Obviously the yes and no towards the idea, but we'll let the future and comercial's speak for that idea. I could almost bet your gonna be seeing some kind of portable technology coming out of either of these companys somewhere in the future. Whether its cell phones or MP3 players, they'll be expanding.