xisto Community
mystmag

Macromedia Flash Who has ever used Macromedia Flash?

On Christmas, a relative of mine purchased Studio 8 from Macromedia, which is now Adobe. However when first running Flash 8, I was very confused...for all people who have ever used Flash, how do you make the images move? I tried following the tutorial, and tried "adding a motion tween", however I can't get it to work...:DThanks in advance!Stephen

On Christmas, a relative of mine purchased Studio 8 from Macromedia, which is now Adobe. However when first running Flash 8, I was very confused...for all people who have ever used Flash, how do you make the images move? I tried following the tutorial, and tried "adding a motion tween", however I can't get it to work...:D

Thanks in advance!

Stephen

217715[/snapback]

i've got the same problem nice layout but very diffucult handle some experts for a explination???

thanx jackie

Hello Everyone, I have a lot easier way than using the Adobe version of Flash to make Flash. Check out http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/. Their programs do everything in just a few clicks, have a few hundred ready made effects that you can put on anything. Also you can put it's files into Flash if you need to do something that it can't do (very, very unlikely) and vice versa. It uses it's own programming language called 'SwishScript' which is a lot like Java but for you who don't know Java it has a guided function, it is very quick to learn and it adds a whole lot more interactivity into you site.There is a fifteen day trial on their webpage if you want to check it out. They also have programs like SwishVideo which makes video files into a Flash document to prevent copying, SwishPublisher and a plug in for PowerPoint if you want to convert a PPT presentation to Flash.Hope This Helps.The Webber- - - - - - - - - - - - - - Are You Local? - The League Of Gentlemen

You have to turn the image into a symbol.1.- Drag your image into the stage area (the white space which is what the movie shows)2.- click on the image and press F8 or right click, convert to symbol3.- Now click on another frame, for example frame 10 (on the timeline, the place were you see your layers and a bunch of little squares) and press F6 or right click insert new keyframe. 4.- Depending which frame is highlighted (either 1, or 10) is where the symbol is going to be, to make the motion tween, move the symbol on frame 10 to another place different than frame 1. Then right click on frame 1 on the timeline and click create motion tween.5.- The Image should move from frame 1 to the new place that you set it on the stage when it reaches frame 10.Hope this helps, you can find a lot of tutorials on the web. The page that I recommend is http://www.flashkit.com/, good luck.!

I don't know what this SwiftSwish program is, but flash is very basic and user freindly, and since this is in the programming forums I'll mention how simple and basic Flash ActionScript is. When I get enough forum credits, I'll host my site here and it'll have flash on it. For now just check out this site FlashKit, it'll really helpful.

in Macromedia flash there are many ways to make animations. the easiest one is probably to draw something on the stage, click on the next frame and hit F6 or right-click on it and click insert key-frame, then on that frame move the image a little, then repeat. depending on what you are trying to do there are different ways to move things, so I recommend going to https://www.kirupa.com/. it has a lot of really good free tutorials.

hey!!!
for those who love code i have one technique pretty nice and relatively easy to use once you have understanded, for do this you must have a movie clip instanciated in your canvas, or whatever you have, but it must be a movieclip and must be instanciated, now the code, i will explain below:

this code fires a transition animation when the movie loads, consisting in an horizontal translation, a vertical translation, and a rotation transition, note that the rotation transition loops continuosly, you can implement it to whatever you want

import mx.transitions.Tween;import mx.transitions.easing.*;var xposT:Tween = new Tween(my_mc, "_x", Strong.easeIn, 0, Stage.width, 1, true);var yposT:Tween = new Tween(my_mc, "_y", Bounce.easeOut, 0, Stage.Height, 1, true);var rotationT:Tween = new Tween(my_mc,"_rotation",Elastic.easeInOut,0,360,true);rotationT.onMotionFinished = function() {	this.yoyo();};xposT.onMotionFinished = function() {	this.continueTo(Stage.width/2,1);};yposT.onMotionFinished = function() {	this.continueTo(Stage.height/2,1);};

well, first things first, in the very first two lines you have an importation senteences, you have to import the packages for the tweening and easing features, note that flash uses this classes internally, so you have the power to make transitions with great performance.
import mx.transitions.Tween;import mx.transitions.easing.*;

then you create the objects that will make all the dirty work for you, first i will explain the main structure of the constructor of the class and then i will show you very interesting things about this class:
Tween(target, "property", tweenType, initState, endState, interval, time);

this is the constructor of ower Tween class, and here are the params:
*target: this is the movieclip you want to tween and the one you instanciated before
*"property": this is the property that you want to tween, it could be _x,_y,_width,_alpha,_xscale
*tweenType: this is my favourite, there is several types of tweening, and different methods of ease, and here i will list all of them:
+Back: Extends the transition over one or both ends of the tween.
+Bounce: makes a bouncing effect in the tween at one or both ends.
+Elastic: Creates a mixture of the bounce and back easings. The transition is extended over and bounces back at one or both ends of the Tween.
+Regular: Slower motion at one or both ends of the tween.
+Strong: same thing that regular but is more pronounced when combined with the various easing methods.
+None: the linear transition of ever.
and each tween type has its methods to control the easing:
-easeIn: The ease is applied at the start.
-easeOut: The ease is applied at the end.
-easeInOut The ease is applied at both the beginning and end of the tween.
and back to the parameters:
*initState: this is a numeric value, and refers to the initial value of the property you specified before
*endState: this is a numeric value too, and refers to the end value for the property you specified before, and ends with the transition
*interval: this is a numeric value too, and specifies, ho much do you want it to delay the transition according with the next parameter, it could be measured in seconds or frames.
*time: it's a boolean(true or false), and specifies the measure of time, if it's true, you are working on seconds, else you are on frames.

now that i have explained the structure of the class's constructor, let's take a look at the rest

here you initialize your objects, as i told you
var xposT:Tween = new Tween(my_mc, "_x", Strong.easeIn, 0, Stage.width, 1, true);var yposT:Tween = new Tween(my_mc, "_y", Bounce.easeOut, 0, Stage.Height, 1, true);var rotationT:Tween = new Tween(my_mc,"_rotation",Elastic.easeInOut,0,360,true);

and here is one of the methods of the Tween class
rotationT.onMotionFinished = function() {	this.yoyo();};

with onMotionFinished method, you are telling to the Tween object that when the transition is finished, loops it again with the yoyo() method so it will loops forever

finally we have a nice method useful to control translations of ower movieclip, with only one line of code, and i'm talking about continueTo(nextValue,duration) method
xposT.onMotionFinished = function() {	this.continueTo(Stage.width/2,1);};

continueTo(nextValue,duration) method, tells to the tween object the next transition you want to do, from the last value you entered, to the nextValue numeric value.

you could control your transitions from any event of any object of flash, for examples, this will tell to the tween object to move the movieclip to the right-bottom corner in two seconds:
_root.onPress = function(){	xposT.continueTo(Stage.width,2);	yposT.continueTo(Stage.height,2);};

almost forgot, Stage.width and Stage.height, are the width and height of your swf.

well i hope this don't look ugly or confuse, good luck!

i use flash...i dont rmemeber when or how i started using it thou...at first it wus confusing n i just uninstalled but somehow i got it back and i started to experiment with it n now i know alot about it except with the action scripting if i ever had to use it id have to look it up online to get in the right code...but all the animation stuff tweening filters buttons and drawing is easy to do