xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Sympatico

Imation Launched A 4 Gb Micro Hard Drive.. heres the info regarding that

Imation announced Wednesday it's begun selling a new 4GB version of its Micro Hard Drive.
The $189 product has a padlock-shaped design; its USB connector is a loop that can be clipped to objects such as key chains. It uses a 0.85-inch hard drive from Toshiba and works with Windows, Mac OS X and Linux.

Imation introduced its $159 2GB version of the product in the summer. The 4GB version will be on display at the Consumer Electronics Show's Innovations Plus exhibit at the Sands Expo and Convention Center next week in Las Vegas.

The drive comes with synchronization software and protects all files with 128-bit encryption, Imation said.

What can i say .... really cool  :D

Notice from jlhaslip:
Please read the Xisto Readme information as Plenoptic suggests.
http://news.a.com.com/

Thanks.

Edited by mayank (see edit history)

That's pretty interseting. I would like to purchase it to store some of my files on there. The wierd thing is that it only costs $40 more than the 2GB one that costs $160 I could store my web design or music files on there to free some space on my computer. My 1gb usb drive is out of service :D only lasted a month.

By the way please quote things not written by you. I found that at http://news.a.com.com/

If you read the Xisto ReadMe, the link being located at the bottom of the shoutbox or here http://forums.xisto.com/index.php?act&CODE=01&HID=18, you will read all of the rules you need to know for using these forums. Yes it may be long but it isn't that long, it took me maybe 10 minutes top to read. For further use please note that quoting is necessary when you are posting something that wasn't written by you. You can summarize but not plagorize.

It's pretty cool that things are getting so small and yet are still very big. However, IMO it's not worth it at all. Just buy a external hard drive for the same price and have 300 GB of space, or just get a 1GB flash drive for $50. The technology is cool, but there are a lot better alternatives.

It's pretty cool that things are getting so small and yet are still very big.  However, IMO it's not worth it at all.  Just buy a external hard drive for the same price and have 300 GB of space, or just get a 1GB flash drive for $50.  The technology is cool, but there are a lot better alternatives.

218097[/snapback]

I agree, imation seems to be late on this, Ipods and other companies are now way ahead of them, it would be best to buy some notebook hard drives put it in a USB adaptor then boom you now have an external drive with higher capacity, if you want those tiny storage then go to flash drives.