xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
michael warren

I Need Some Help

My new computer would randomly shut down all of the time and than I guess my antec 500 watt psu died or my cpu died (im not sure) so now when I press the power switch the fans will rev up slowly and than stop and the monitor power light will shut off at the same time. I am starting to think that it was a ram problem though because I am using the same ram that I used in an intel based motherboard with a celeron processor. Can someone tell me if this ram is compatible with my motherboard/processor? http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

My new computer rig consists of a asus A8N5X motherboard,Radeon X800 XL,San Diego 3700+ video card,Seagate 160 GB SATA HDD, and a Standard CD ROM drive. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

If you're monitor shuts off at the same time I presume it is taking its power from the PSU, rather than having a separate power supply?It's probably a problem with the power supply if everything comes on then off again. Try the monitor on a different PC and see if it still works, and you could start removing various components and replacing them with ones you are certain work until you find the problem.

It can't shutoff anytime without any causes.. I believe as what you said, to be the fault from the power supply. Try getting another one with high power..I don't think it was caused by your RAM.. If there's any error that caused by the RAM, your computer would most probably reset during bootup and you'll need to reconfigure the BIOS settings..

Well...from your problem i diagnose two common solutions...(i)Take out your RAM stick.. and clean its contacts by using a ERASER from both sides until they again sparkle shine...Now fit it back and try again to start your computer...(ii)Your motherboard might be grounded to some part of the cabinet...For this, remove your motherboard carefully and put a piece of newspaper or thin thermacol based paper and mark all the holes..Now put your motherboard back..screw it up tight..plug all connection and try to poweronNOTE: Please remember the connections for cabinet small wires like poweron, reset switch, hdd led...else you would frustrate yourself trying to figure it out!If both this dont help..then please call a system engg for further assistance.