xisto Community
anarchyboard88

The Invisible Mouse Dual Booting (SuSe9.2 + WinXPpro)

Comp. SPeCs- Sony Vaio Pentium 4- WinXPpro + SuSe9.2pro- nVidia GeForce Fx5200 w/ latest Driver (8.1.9.8)- 223Gb HD - 1 Gb Memory- a couple Mice (1 sony - 1 DYNEX) ive tried both. Ok. . . i work ALOT w/ comps, and i have messed w/ alot off diff OS's, problems arose, but none that couldnt be easily fixed... except this one. for some reason ONLY on this computer, does the mouse become invisible when i boot up SuSe9.2 . Its verrry odd, it is fully functional but i cannot see the cursor. I can click any icon, right click, and i can use it just like normal, its just a tid bit hard to do when u have NO idea where the mouse actually is. Ive done driver updates and rollbacks, changed every relevent configuration SuSe9.2 that could affect the mouse. ive tried both mice and even one other, but that was no good either. im stuck lol. ive looked in forums for similar problems, and come to find, its not as rare as i thought. there was some suggestions as to the cause, but they all faild miserably. If anyone could give me some pointers or suggestions as to a solution on this, it would be greatly benificial to me and i would pass any solutions on to the others w/ the same problem. such a small problem, but its very hard to solve for me. Thnx

odd...maybe the linux version do not work well with the usb of your pc?after recovery your os,you could try about other version or even windows to check if it is the usb problem.

That's really ODD, I've never seen such problem in the past and so when I tried helping you search google I couldn't find any proper keyword related to this problem.I was thinking why do you keep two Operating systems in one system! That could be the problem behind. For a smoother functioning of any of the operating system I think one at a system may be recommended. However, I've installed two Microsoft Windows and didn't have problems though.I know it will take time to re-install but that is the only option I could suggest. Please wait as more members respond to your problem.

I remember that happening a couple of times to my windows 98 pc some years ago, but when I restarted it the mouse was back in action.

Hmm thnx for some feedback.. ive tried restarting it a 100000000 times, ive reinstalled it at least 6 w/ diff configs. o i forgot to mention, i own 3 mice, a USB, and 2 PS/2 mice. all have the exact same prob.. im getting fedora core soon and ill try that, but suse9.2 should work fine. i partioned a 50/50 split drive w/ half XP and half linux on a 223gb hd.. so its not a space issue. the bios still has its space, and my mouse works fine on xp and every other windows version ive ever had on here. maybe linux has a "blacklist" of unsupported graphix cards or mice... hmm that would be an interesting discovery. ill look myself, it would be appreciated if help was accuired.. thnx.