xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
adriantc

Parents Memories What are we going to tell our kids?

It's the third day of Christmas and I just came back from the country-side. I'm going there every x-mas and I have a lot of fun. I have a pretty large family specially from my dad's side and it's great when some part of it comes together for xmas.After a few drinks (don't tell me you never drank wine or anything traditional!) they start remembering all kinds of super funny moments from their past. I've heard some of them over and over...at least 10 times... but every year they come up with at least 5 new ones. Yesterday, when I was coming home I started thinking what I am going to tell my kids... I don't have at least 10 stories as fun as theirs... Well the world has changed, they didn't have computers or much TV, they lived under the communists ... but they had a lot of fun when they where my age. My best friend is my computer, what should I tell my kinds... that I had some memorable moments using DOS? ... Should this be the sacrifice of progress? What do you think?

I seem to notice the story telling effect during this holiday. But it also happens during gatherings of crowds. They go way back to like the old golden days where they had to do this and that. Just a whole bunch of mumbo jumbo. lol. You can tell how you use to listened to Nsync or some cheesy band. lol. I bet you can come up with anything to say.

well,good luck,elder guy...actually,the so-called annoy time you had is very nice.kids is the friend who need communication and the story just the better style.of cause,be sure that do not bring them to pc too early,:Dto make some delicious food and toys/gifts to them is ok.

Heh.. yeah, when I think of it, I dont have many stories to tell that dont involve my computer or something geeky like that. I dont worry about what I'm going to tell my kids, though.. maybe by the time I'm old enough to have kids, I'll have more life experience, anyways.Right now, I worry about.. what I'm going to tell the girls at work XDThey asked me what I do for fun, the other day, and I was thinking, "How do I explain a LAN party to a girl who hardly even checks her email..?"Takes all kinds, I guess.. ^^