xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
affhotspot

The New Power Mac G5

the new power make g5 was release. its like a super computer it has i terabyte hard drive, and 5gigs of ram, and high end graphics card. it has a quad processor. and its close to 10000 bucks with monitor but with it is close to 8000. it is very expensive. there is a review for it with pictures at pcmag.com

Has the Mac begun using it's PowerPC processor cores in this G5 yet, or will that not be integrated until later computers?I don't care how powerful it is; there's no way that I would pay 10,000 dollars for a computer. That's insane.

Wow. 5 freakin' gigs of RAM. This thing would just tear through audio/video editing. I could really use something like this. Too bad I don't have 10 grand to spend on a new computer what with college coming up and me needing a new car.Oh well, one can always dream.

The computer may seem very expensive and much too over the top but apple and pixar are owned by the same person. Since pixar does alot of computer animated movies the better computer the better for redering which for them means movies are rendered faster bringing in more money. Other companies could use these powerful machines for similar purposes. It would probably also work as a very nice server for hosting games or websites. In terms of typical game and application use I would say that this computer is way more than you would need.

the new power make g5 was release. its like a super computer it has i terabyte hard drive, and 5gigs of ram, and high end graphics card. it has a quad processor. and its close to 10000 bucks with monitor but with it is close to 8000. it is very expensive. there is a review for it with pictures at pcmag.com

216025[/snapback]

Mac computers , what to say about them ? Well , i'M NOT use to them , but i think that they are much better then usual PC . I would like to have one in my possesion , but i'm not financial ready for that kind of buy .

This g5 seems to be one of the strongest personal computers out there ....

I'm assuming it probably is. I'm pretty sure that it is at least the equal of the latest 64-bit processor, and combining that with the Mac's style of data transmission that creates fewer pipelines, it probably is the most powerful commertially-made PC out there. A shame that Macs can't get a taste of a real computer game. Aside from video editing/rendering, it sounds like an excellent gaming PC.

Well, I think thats a bit of overkill but you have to take into account that thses machines are being used by professionals and its becoming an indusrty standard..video, graphic etc are moving to the mac..Im kinda suprised that computer related games havent taken off for the Mac much like that PC, they have a few free games and most are a few years old I thought they would have new cool games really creative and fun but thats sadly not the case.I wonder whats apples next installment after the G5.

As was said, judging from both the price and the people who use them, Macs are meant to be used commercially for professional video editing and special effects rendering. They're really not meant to be personal computers.

216025[/snapback]

well, if you upgrade the HDDs to a terabyte, up the ram to 5 gigs pc-3200 and add a 30" monitor, OF COURSE IT"S GOING TO BE EXPENSIVE!

base price, for those who are being detered by the OP's overpricing, of the powerma is only around $2,000 and 3,000 for dual core and quad core, repsctively