xisto Community
kasm

Christmas Is Jesus Birthday Christmas is Jesus Birthday

During the time jesus was born, the shepards were relaxing in the feilds with the livestock out grazing. .This relates to the area of march, i know a many familys that celebrate christmas in march instead of the traditional 25th of december,

217287[/snapback]

Please, Gr4ve_Digger, you should read all posting in this topic and don't repeat what others suggested. Otherwise we go to endless circle. It is not poll matter..Who with 25 Dec or who against.

In the beginning , Saint_michael said :

officially it does but some people believe that he was born in the spring time and the shepards are the clue from what I watch on the history channel, they said that it would have been to cold for the shepards to hear sheep in december.

and I replied saying:

Saint_Michael, Do you forget the events took place in Bethlehm of Palestine 2000 years ago. Ask me who lived and worked in middle east (Egypt, Algeria) about the weather there . The weather in December is in average 15"c / 59"F and you can walk in sweater. It is called winter relative to the summer where the degree 41"c/106"F. Morever the Sheaperd have to work anyway for living . It is their life. Sheep has to eat and go out daily too. Wasn't the modern farm . Wasn't the high standard of living and the work conditions as it is now.

Then Mature Lamb said:

Christmas is not Jesus' Birthday, as no one knows the exact birth date. People just use Christmas as a date to celebrate the birth of Jesus, but it's not his birthday

and I replied:

Whetever the Christmas is on 7th January or 25 December, it will not far from these two dates depending on the calanders and calculation of an event happened 2000 years ago. I said that because there are continuation from generation to generation so we have received these informatiopn from our ancestors and the written history. It is not a matter of jump in one day. In our Coptic Church calander there are for every day an event or saint in that day e.g, st Barbara, St Chathrine, St Peter,.....

The topic is not when? but is the invitation to concentrate on Jesus and not be drived by the comercial affairs. You said by yourself that :

The estimatied truth of his birth day, and it releases the comong representation of all the  seling of goods and taking it away from the true message of gods birth and his life

217287[/snapback]

So you contradict yourself when you repeat that suggestion and don't concentrate on the "true message".

Do you know that some business in Australia promote Christmas in July and called "Christmas in July". They said that since American Christmas and European has snow and youlk tree , then we in Australia too have celebrate the Christmas where our winter in July.

Now should we especially midleeast Christian , have to reject our church calendars and what we have received from our ancestors and we have to follow these few families you mentioned celebrating Christmas in March OR we fellow the Australian attempt to move the Christmat to July?

Yes very nice that you brought that subject up! Because today christmas is so comercialized. If we look at the word CHRISTmas we can find jesus christ inside and this is why everybody should remember that this is the time HE was born and we our selves should be re-born in a spiritual sense too! We shouldnt take christmas just as a FAMILY holiday as it is very likely to be refered as such...it is a holiday when we should look inside of us and think what we did and what we ARE doing with our lives and try to become a better person...Well that is just my opinion..if you like xmas in any other way..enjoy it too!!:D

Hey Kasm.. the forum is place to SAY what things people think ( I think ) and not to say things that i don't think.. and nobody is going to teach me what the cristmas is.. I respect thous people who think cristmas is for giving or something like that day.. and Kasm why you write me such long reply?? I don't like to read such long text :D.. and biggest of that I really didn't understand is it for me or someone else.. Maybe you write so big replys to get more credits..

P.S

For your benefit in English language as second or third language [don't be offended] correct yourself in the following [i like to help]:

"tryed" to be "tried "

"thous" thing to be "these things".

And if you think you will be that who will teach me correct english forget it.. I know my english is BAD.. maybe becaus eI have 14 years and Im learning english only 3 years ROFL :D..

Hey Kasm.. the forum is place to SAY what things people think  ( I think ) and not to say things that i don't think.. and nobody is going to teach me what the cristmas is.. I respect thous people who think cristmas is for giving or something like that day.. and Kasm why you write me such long reply?? I don't like to read such long text :D.. and biggest of that I really didn't understand is it for me or someone else.. Maybe you write so big replys to get more credits..

P.S

And if you think you will be that who will teach me correct english forget it.. I know my english is BAD.. maybe becaus eI have 14 years and Im learning english only 3 years ROFL :D..

217350[/snapback]

!. The forum, Dawiss, is to read and reading is not object in itself but to receive benefit [adding knowledge].

2. I who has 62 years of age, accept to learn and others to teach me every day until my departure of this world to the another one.

3. English is not my mother tongue too and you have to be grateful that somebody correct you instead you repeat the mistakes all your life. Personally I check my posting using yahoo or msn message's formulation and this not bad idea to do this shortcut too.

4. The forum has rules, threads and topics. All what I asked is to keep the discussion in the point of the topic I initiated. I asked you if don't care, as you said, or you don't believe in God , then go to another topic or initiate one. There are many threads about God existence, believing in God or religions. The topic here is about the mean by "Christmas" that we act accordingly. I said that Christams contains to parts: "Christ" from Christ and "mas" mean birth by old languages e.g. "Egyptian ancient language" or probably be used by Greek as well. You can argued that I am wrong and Christ for example for "... " and "mas " means "... " according to which research, article or dictionary "..".

5. I know that Christmas is for "giving" but this is not why we celebrate it but one of its feature which comes from Jesus teaching for love and giving and I will not add these phrases here that you will complain for long reply.

6. It is last thing in my mind the credit points when I post. I don't participate and say anything ad-hoc. Only I want to give what I inquired or researched and correct what I can the mistakes I could see towards better life.

ok.. agan thous long text with no pint of my reply like

I asked you if don't care, as you said, or you don't believe in God , then go to another topic or initiate one. There are many threads about God existence, believing in God or religions. The topic here is about the mean by "Christmas" that we act accordingly. I said that Christams contains to parts: "Christ" from Christ and "mas" mean birth by old languages e.g. "Egyptian ancient language" or probably be used by Greek as well. You can argued that I am wrong and Christ for example for "... " and "mas " means "... " according to which research, article or dictionary "..".

You start talking what cristmas mean not to reply to my post.. ok I don't want to hear anything.. I won't post here anything because agan someone big FAN of cristmas will start teaching me some pointless things..

Christians need to stop celebrating a pagian holiday..Christmas Is Jesus Birthday

The Holiday known as christmas.. Is in fact just a pagan holiday that started in roman times.. It was later changed and converted to christ mass by the catholic church to fit with the christian belifs... If you look back in history.. Birthdays were celebrated by pagans, Not christians.. Christmas was just a way for the catholic church to turn a festival for the sun God.. Into a festival for the son of God.. And misseltoe and yule logs which mean.. Wheel which is the figur for the sun in paganism.. Are all pagan signs and triditions stolen by christians... And it even says so in your book.. The bible not to take other religons holidays and worship on them cus it's more or less blasphmy in the eyes of your God..

-reply by Jaden-Rane

Sorry if it pisses you off..Christmas Is Jesus BirthdayAnd if you still celebrat Xmas.. And your a christian.. I would stop as your God would not like it.. Christians even the catholic church celebrat deaths not births.. That and gift giving were all pagan triditions.. Like when the wise men gave the baby christ gives.. It wasn't for his birth day cus it had passed by the time they arrived.. It was cus back then as now it is pagan custom when meeting with a king to give them presants.. I say it would be best if chrsitians droped the holiday from their clutches and instead of giveing gifts to others on chrsitmas, spend your money on your God or church... Then you would be giveing him a gift on his adopted birth day... Now wouldn't that be a shock a christian giveing a gift to their God.. You wouldn't go to a birthday party and give all that show up a gift and not the birthday boy one would you???.. No, you would give the birthday boy a gift and screw the others... Just thank them for attending.. Well that's my 2 cents.. If you don't believe christmas is not a christian holiday type in the plain thruth about christmas.. It has an artical with facts your God hates christmas and it's a pagan holiday.. Bye:)-reply by jaden

JesusChristmas Is Jesus Birthday

It is amazing how many people still believe that December 25 is Jesus' birthday.

His birthday is 2 October 7BC, guys. Check out http://www.the-latter-rain.com/, they accurately work out his birthday and birthyear using simple logic, not some incorrect belief spread by the church.

Anyone who knows anything knows that 25 December is the day the Pagans had a feast for the Son of Isis.

-reply by EJ Young