xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
itssami

How To Create Community Site.

Hello...I need you guys help..Actually i want to make a site , which contains following functions..1-A User can create his profile and add picture.2-He can search other people's profile3-They can comment on users pictures/profiles.Is there any script about it? can you please help me regarding to this?Thank you very much

What you really need is a forum kind of like what you are posting at right now. In your Cpanel there is a free forum. It is called phpbb and it pretty much can do all the things you are asking and more in my opinion.

Andrew Northall: You are right i am not talking about Phpbb , but i am talking about something like myspace...can you please tell me more about it...or any one else...

No I think hes talking more Myspace style. There are probley lots of scripts for a site like this I just don't know any.

Try Here

215240[/snapback]

You've probably check hotscripts already but there like some ideas HERE have a look if you haven't. These sites really DO help quite a bit.

Good luck in finding a script or tutorial.. when you do and want to share it post the link here.. because I might be interested in the making my own community thing XD

Your need is simple content management system site with forum. You have wide range of content management systems like php-nuke, postnuke, mambo open soure, joomla - simply the best content management system, xoops, myxoops, drupal, phpwebsite and others. Just search google using the cms keyword you will get the website. Looking at your need it looks like xoops will do. All of them offer you an attractive package for your need. All are free with conditions. Read them well and make use of them.I hope this helps.

If it's a serious sitey ou want to invest in.. pay a pro to make a custom one for you. THe price depends on how much you want... (or how popular and experience the person is) If not.. then I suggest you starting of with a basic thing and slow build it up using different tutorials and scripts.