xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
shigajet

Caption Contest? Test your wit by adding a caption...

I don't know if this has been suggested before, but I would like the forums to have a forum/contest thread where people submit witty captions to some of the weirdest photos/drawings from the mass media. Kinda like a "test your wit" contest among the community.Anyway, I would like to hear what you think of this idea.

It sounds like a credital idea, i do have a few questions to ask in response to your proposed contest.1) How would this contest work, ie. Would there be catergories of photos or will it just be one photo a week or month?2) What would the time length be? , Week, Month maybe 2,3 months?3) How will it be judged? , a board of members who are excluded from entering, or 1 member, even a voting system?4) What would the prize pool be? 10 Credits first place etc. or otherwise??Just wondering, nice suggestion...

I don't think there really could be credits for the winner. There would probably be a tag like for the SOTW. That's one of the reasons though why it probably won't work. Not too many people will really enter. The SOTW was popular for a while but then it died down. You could probably start a topic and hold your own giving some of your credits to the winner if you would like. That would then cause the unhosted members to not be able to enter.

Hi again.Just thought I'd answer tuddy's questions here.1) I propose one photo per month at the start and see how many people bite. If it's popular enough, I'll bring it up to one photo per week (wherever I can find them).2) Members are given 1-2 weeks to submit their captions.3) Any member can vote, and the do it via the same system as SOTW.4) 10 bonus credits would be nice grand prize, with 5 credits going to the runner-up.